Chapter 74 - The Queen's Worries

In Regina Palace, where night fell, a heavy air blew in the Queen’s bedroom.

“Are you sure?”

Grand Duke Rufelio, with a bewildered expression on his face, asked again, even though he knew it was useless.

“This can’t be mistaken. I’m sorry to have made you the husband of the ugly Queen all this time, Valerian.”

“I’m not blaming you for that! In…… the end, are you talking about…… I mean…… extinction.”

Queen Fabian answered with a deep sigh.

She is the weakest Queen in history, and she has been ridiculed throughout since her accession, but she never knew it would end this soon. Her mother was also fifty when she gave her the throne, so she thought she would at least hold on until it…….

But the more serious problem was that her innate powers were so weak that she was likely to die almost as soon as her life as a Queen was over.

The moment the Queen of Logos’ power falls below a certain level, she has to abdicate the throne, not by death. Or just in time for the next Queen to grow in power, they couldn’t tell which came first. And the abdicated Queen would live to enjoy her status as the wife of her husband, the Grand Duke, and when the powers remaining within her are completely lost, she became ‘extinct’.

A normal human lifespan ends with the corpse as ‘death’, but the Queen, who is a descendant of the gods, closes her eyes and slowly disperse and disappears after two or three days as if to prove the legend.

But that fact was a top secret among top secrets. It was a fact too dangerous for the Queen to die without a body. Especially at a time when the Queen’s powers were waning as it is now, the Queens were extremely careful not to let this secret leak out. Even if those blinded by greed kidnap and kill the Queen, there is nothing left to prove her death or what caused her death, unless her body remains.

After all, when the new Queen ascended to the throne, the interest in the former Queen rapidly waned, so the secret has been kept well. But it wasn’t her own disappearance that mattered to Fabian now. It was a much bigger problem that she had no daughter to inherit the throne.

“I am worried about you. What is the fate of the Grand Duke without the Grand Duchess, and without a daughter who is a successor…… I’m sorry, I’m sorry. It is all my fault.”

Fabian couldn’t stand it anymore and burst into tears.

As rumored about her, it was absolutely not that her relationship with her husband was bad. The two have long respected and cherished each other, and have maintained a good marriage relationship. They weren’t passive in consummating their marriage either. In particular, they slept together more frequently than the previous Queens because she could not have a daughter.

But God did not give her a daughter. As if to fit the prophecy of the <Logos’ Biography>, at this point in the two thousandth anniversary of Logos’ founding, she had no daughter and foreshadowed her own disappearance. It seemed that she would not be able to last longer than a year, even if she endured as long as she could.

“It’s…… It’s all my fault…….”

Fabian sobbed in the Grand Duke’s arms with a face that was completely distorted, unlike her usual dignified expression.

“What sin are you in! You just couldn’t resist your mother’s will. You were just a good daughter!”

“No! I am a coward who closed my eyes to justice using my mother as an excuse!”