Chapter 80 - Your precious thing

However, the priest gave exaggerated gestures and added an explanation of Evelyn’s past condition.

“We thought so, because her body was already in ruins. The Madam’s treatment was not the cure of the disease, but the injection of vitality, but there was no vessel in her body to contain the vitality. It was all ruined. She doesn’t have a vessel to hold her life force, so how can we breathe more life into her? So, we tried to extend the Madam’s lifespan by burying vitality all over the body as an expedient. But now, the vessel of life has been almost completely restored. Moreover, although it is still a little, it is creating its own life force. Even the greatest healing priests recorded in history have never reached the level of rebuilding life. So, this can only be thought of as being touched by God.”

Everyone looked at each other face to face and marveled at this miracle. The excitement of the healing priest’s increased.

“If it’s okay with you, can I call the healing priests from the temple and check Madam’s body further? Maybe, it will be helpful in the treatment of patients similar to Madam.”

Damien and Kahel paused, wondering if Evelyn might be struggling, but Evelyn smiled brightly and nodded her head.

“If I can be of any help, I can do it.”

“Thank you, Madam! Tomorrow at this time, I will visit with other priests. May the blessings of Lana rest upon Madam and the Duchy of Luave.”

The priest headed to the guest study, saying he was going to write down what he had just examined before he would forget it, and Damien put Evelyn back on the bed, saying it was okay. He said she got better, but she was still at the level of a sickly person, and he didn’t know how she would get sick again if she overdo it. Damien did not want to lose his wife, who had miraculously returned, to an unknown disease again.

Kahel headed to his own room while Damien put Evelyn to sleep next to her. Over the years, the guilt of having his mother debilitated by his birth has always bound him like a shackle. How can he feel joy when his mother can’t even get out of bed because of him? With that thought, he even shut off the pleasures that allowed for him.

But it felt like a heavy shackle had just come off. He doesn’t have to worry about when his mother will die. Her mother will soon be able to eat even her favorite dessert like she used to. His mother will soon be able to do the garden walks and horseback riding that she loved before he was born. No one will know how much joy and liberation it brought to Kahel.

Kahel, who usually donated money or gave donations to the temple by obligation, thought that he should offer a prayer of thanks for today. It was because there was also the fear that God might take the health, which was given to his mother, back because of his wrongdoing.

Arriving in his room, Kahel rang the bell connected to Lena’s room to prepare his prayer of thanks. A brief prayer required only a small statue of Lana, two candles, and a bowl of clean water.

But even though it seemed like he had waited for a long time, Lena didn’t come. Sometimes the bell didn’t ring well, so Kahel rang the bell again. And one more time.

But when Lena didn’t come, a streak of anxiety ran across Kahel’s back, like the winter wind blowing through the window. Come to think of it, Lena had slept next to his mother last night. At that time, he said, ‘I think she was sleepy.’ He went on casually, but how many maids fell asleep next to the master in a short time? It’s not like Lena never learned, or she has poor conduct…….

When the thought reached that point, Kahel ran to Lena’s room without hesitation. The maids passing by the hallway looked at him with strange eyes, but it wasn’t the time to be concerned about that.