Chapter 87 - Two people who met again

At the word ‘stable keeper’, Mrs. Marvin’s eyes quickly became sharp.

“Are you talking about Theo and his daughter?”

“That’s right. Theo and Sid. You must know.”

“Hmph! Those vulgar, stinky things have already been taken to the Duchy of Luave. I wonder if there is a hobby of collecting dirty things in that house.”

The young man looked down at Mrs. Marvin and smiled. He was the man who had been ordered to bring Theo and Sid back, even by kidnapping, and he was already distraught when he heard that they had left for the Duchy of Luave long ago. He was thinking, ‘Should I go back empty-handed?’ At that moment, the Baron’s castle became noisy, and a woman who had been the maid chief was expelled.

‘Let’s take this woman first? If she’s useless, it won’t matter if I go and kill her.’

The hitman, who introduced himself as a vassal of the Santella family, with a friendly smile, invited Mrs. Marvin to go with him to Ardennes. When he added a plausible reason that Miss Elliot missed the Baron’s castle’s maid chief, a rosy color appeared on Mrs. Marvin’s face.

* * *

On the evening that Mrs. Marvin arrived at the Duchy of Santella, Liddell also returned from Hildebrunn.

“Are you back, Miss?”

At the hospitality of her vassals and her servants, Liddell can finally smile as she feels that she has returned to her home. It was because in Hildebrunn, she was getting annoyed because Ragdrill kept trying and tricking to hold on to her for a few more days. Fortunately, he was a person who values his own safety more, so she was able to come back without any fuss by saying, ‘I have to go back to prepare to attack the Sage’s Village.’

“Did anything fun happen while I was away?”

Liddell’s smiling face was like a flower in a greenhouse that had grown innocently and clearly, but her close acquaintances knew very well that it wasn’t her real face. Before she left for Hildebrunn, Liddell had given her aides what had to be done, and now that she has returned, they must have been able to show the results.

“There was a message from Miss Margella, and the one who had gone to Kerouac to pick up the stable keeper family has returned.”

“Good. Shall we hear about Margella first?”

While the hitman, which Liddell had sent to Kerouac, was headed to the parlor, Maria read the contents of a letter from Margella.

“It is said that two people from the Santella family sent by Miss succeeded in summoning the monsters.”

“Good news. The two of them had good magical powers, so I thought they could do it.”

Liddell looked genuinely happy. This made it possible for Leonard to complete the demon army without even having to go to Revanas.

It was good news for Margella’s side, but the one she sent to Kerouac failed to bring Theo and Sid. But the information he brought was not very disappointing.

“Theo and Sid, the stable keeper family, had already left for the Duchy of Luave before. It is even said that Theo was a member of the investigation team sent to Kerouac. It looks like he was treated quite well there. And instead of Theo and Sid, I brought back the maid chief, who had just been kicked out of the Baron’s castle. She said she’s been the maid chief since Baron Fidelia was the owner of the castle, so I wondered if she knew something. It is said that she also had a close relationship with Miss Elliot.”