Chapter 119 - Well then, goodbye

Liddell waved her hand and sent out the bewildered-looking coachman.

“When is Kahel coming?”

“He will visit at 11 am the day after tomorrow.”

Even if he was convinced that Santella had intervened in Lena’s disappearance, it is not enough that Kahel had sent an attendant to question the matter. He seemed quite upset seeing as he stormed into Viscount Rosenheim into the middle of the house and ruined the garden of the house.

But even so, that Kahel Luave, who is indifferent to everyone, moves directly because his close maid is gone…….

“Thanks to the maid, I can see Kahel, who was difficult to see.”

“Duke Luave seems to be very anxious. He seemed to really love that close maid.”

“What? Love? Ahahaha!”

Liddell burst into laughter at Maria’s guess. As always, it was a bright and cheerful laugh, and if it hadn’t been for the situation, it was so pretty that everyone would want to laugh along. But no one laughed with her.

“Ah…… Maria made me laugh a lot. But it can’t be, Maria. How could Kahel feel such an unfamiliar feeling? The reason Kahel is desperately looking for her, is that she is the womb that will bear Kahel’s child. It should not be easy for him to find another woman who is not possessed by his devilish power.”

Liddell knew that Kahel loved Lena more than a usual close maid, but she firmly believed that it wouldn’t be in the form of ‘love’. Because Kahel was as educated as a head just as she was, and she learned that love was worthless. She recognized Kahel as her only competitor, and she never doubted that he would be swayed by such a worthless thing as love.

Capturing her laughter, Liddell gave orders again skillfully,

“Sir Ashton, Sir Avalon. You both keep an eye on Lian. Lian doesn’t know that Sirs are mine, so pretend you know nothing about this and watch his range of action. Because he could have devised something other than stealing the girl. Maria. Meanwhile, you find the girl. And I’ll write a letter, so give it to Nadia.”

“Yes. Understood.”

“Yes, lady.”

When all the orders were finished, Liddell sat down on a chair in her office, as if nothing had happened, and pulled out a piece of letter paper. She might look like a noble girl who writes a letter asking people to come over for tea, but she had never written such a letter with her own hand.

* * *

Lian, whom Liddell was looking for, was nervous as he saw Lena’s condition getting worse and worse. From the time she was captured, the lady’s condition, which had developed dizziness and ringing, was getting worse day by day.

“Miss Lena? Are you okay? You seem to have had a worse headache than before…….”

“I, I’m fine, uughh…….”

Lian looked at Lena’s pale white complexion, and he knew that this wasn’t a gimmick. Unlike before when she was only dizzy, it was now accompanied by a headache. Besides, for whatever sounding in her ears, she occasionally slapped her own ear.

“If she is sick like this, you should have asked for medicine.”

The man who had been guarding Lena made excuses to Lian.

“The headache pills were brought yesterday as well, but they don’t seem to be working very well.”

“You mean when she’s sick like this, you just let her be? Get some medicine!”