Chapter 124 - Hero and Villain

Kahel was gasping and panting while killing the monster. The seemingly endless swarm of monsters was now almost settled, and it was a situation where it was over with just a few more small and medium-sized monsters. Kahel raised his remaining magical power and smashed the heads of the small monsters that attacked him fearlessly.

“Haa, haa. Is it over?”

As the roar of the monster disappeared, Kahel’s harsh breathing was heard loudly.

However, the relief was short-lived, and the roar of monsters could be heard from afar, like déjà vu. This time, Kahel couldn’t help but feel dizzy. There was no more strength left to fight against the large monsters. His black magic had also faded a lot in the meantime, and now it had a faint purple color. It was also difficult to divide the magic into several branches, so even if he focused his magic attack on only one monster, he could not kill them at once.

‘How many times did you call them out!’

The legs that stood on the ground were trembling. Of course, Liddell and Lian were not seen until this point. Duchy Santella have given up being the Guardians of Logos. No, it must have been Duchy Santella who summoned the horde of monsters, so it was as if they had declared that they would become the destroyers of Logos. Santella, who betrayed the family’s long-standing glory and honor, and the Queen’s, didn’t seem afraid of God’s punishment.

Unfortunately, the situation was not very hopeful.

‘Am I going to die here….?’

He wanted to see Lena just once before he died. If he could make her stay safe by his death, he could die fighting the monsters. What he was afraid of was that Lena might have been in the few buildings the monsters had destroyed.

As Kahel swallowed a gulp and raised his magical power again, he felt someone with magical power approaching from behind. He initially thought it was his father, but his father’s feelings were different.

“Kahel.”

It wasn’t a very loud voice, but Kahel turned his head unknowingly. It was Liddell in a flawless white dress that did not match the dire circumstances.

“Liddell…… ?”

It was absurd. She has such a carefree face after creating all these situations…….

“You have finally revealed your true face. Monster. The devil. A mutant who should be wiped out from this land.”

Liddell couldn’t hide her happy smile and glanced at Kahel. He looked like a monster covered in hard scales, with hideous horns and sharp claws. The human being said to be the most beautiful in the Logos stood in front of her with a more heinous figure than any other monster. Liddell was supremely satisfied with the situation.

The audience was behind her, her position was the stage, and in front of her was a villain who would make the hero stand out even more. It’s the hero’s turn.

“Kahel Luave!”

Liddell raised her voice with magic. In the strangely quiet city, Liddell’s dazzling voice resounded like an angel’s. And when the tip of her sword pointed at Kahel, people realized that the monster was Duke Luave. Earlier, someone was shouting nonsense that Duke Luave was a monster, but now everyone confirmed that it was true. Everyone was muttering with breathtaking sounds.

But Kahel didn’t pay any attention to her chatter.

“Liddell. Where is Lena?”

Liddell almost burst out laughing. Kahel must have known that it was not a very favorable situation for him, but it was funny that Lena’s well-being was the first thing he asked when he met her.