Chapter 39 - Nagging Rabbit

While Arder was making a few more requests, Kahel came down to the first floor with his coat folded and lightly criticized Arder.

“You seem to have gotten more anxious as you get older.”

“In my eyes, you still look like a child by the water.”

“If Gerard hears it, his expression will be very pleasing to the eye. Next time Gerard comes, please say that again in front of him. Have you loaded everything?”

“Yes. It seems that Lena’s luggage is more than yours, but…….”

“No way. I thought my luggage would be tripled.”

“That’s what I meant, that’s it. Ha…….”

After confirming that Lena had moved away to finish loading her luggage, Arder approached Kahel and asked in a quiet voice.

“Don’t fall for Lena too much. Of course, she seems like a good kid, but you haven’t been able to figure out all of Lena’s true identity. At this rate, if the kid has a bad heart……!”

“Arder.”

Kahel, who was examining his cuffs, quietly stopped Arder’s words.

“Yes, Your Excellency.”

“I don’t trust people easily.”

“I know.”

“Like you said, I still can’t trust Lena. However, I just wanted to give thanks for the ‘ordinary daily life’ that that kid returned to me, no matter what it was. If that’s what a few coats of fur can buy, I can always pay for it.”

“I’m sorry, Your Excellency. I made a mistake.”

“I know you care a lot about me. I am always grateful. If you’re telling me to be careful, I’m guessing that I’ve loosened my boundaries these days. Your comments will be taken into account.”

Kahel tidied up his cuffs again and took the gloves off his arms and put them on his hands.

“Be careful. Duke Santella will move slowly. And take care of the clothes makers sent by Luahalla so that there is no inconvenience in their work. If there is an urgent matter, ask Gerard for his opinion first.”

“Yes, I understand. Please take care of yourself.”

Kahel left Arder behind who bowed his head to him, and headed forward where Lena was waiting with the carriage. Lena was waiting for Kahel to board first. Lena was his only close maid, so she had to ride with him in a single carriage. It was a bit nerve-racking for both Kahel and Lena, but neither of them tried to express that.

“Then, let’s go.”

“Yes!”

Lena replied bravely and she waited for Kahel to board, but she eventually got into the carriage first because she was led by his hand again.

* * *

Sharden was a region located in the northeastern part of the Logos, about ten days away by carriage from Ardennes.

The wind, which was just cool at first, got colder as they headed north, and two days before arriving in Sharden, the face that rose above the coat became so cold that it tingled.

“Today we will stay in this village!”

At the loud voice of the knight running ahead of them, Lena, who was sleeping in her seat, woke up in shock.

“Seeing that you sleep well in the carriage, you seem to have gotten used to traveling.”

“Ah, sorry, I’m sorry.”