02.22 - Endou Kai

"Ouch..."

"Welcome back"

"If I could see you right now, I'll punch you in your goddamn face"

"My dear, you really shouldn't curse. It'll ruin that pretty face of yours"

"..."

I was too annoyed to speak further to crazy-voice-in-my-head. Closing my eyes, I lifted the blanket up to cover my face.

"You can't hide from me"

I figured if I ignore the crazy-voice-in-my-head, it'll just go away.

"My dear, is it difficult to not get yourself kill?"

Because the crazy-voice-in-my-head was obviously mocking me, I shot up and glared up into the dark nothingness.

"How is it my fault that Mia is killed?"

"I was watching. Clearly, you provoke Olivia Mills"

"I provoke her how" I said haughtily with my arms across my chest.

"Playing with a woman's reputation is playing with fire. You poke at her reputation then you fueled it by mocking her with that smirks of yours. I'm amazed that you're surprised with Olivia Mills' final act"

"Reputation? That woman played with Mia Clark's so why can't I play with hers? Mock? Wasn't she who mocked Mia first?"

"..."

"I'm a saint for ruining that so-call pure reputation of hers. Stealing Mark Walters and then when Kai Endou was mine, she tried to steal him too? She's lucky all she got was a smirk from me."

"Kai Endou... someone sound quite possessive of that man..."

"Whatever Bob" I rolled my eyes. "Who is possessive of who?"

"My dear, remember I'm watching. Clearly I saw_"

"Pervert"

"..."

I smirked when the crazy-voice-in-my-head went silent.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me pervert"

"How am I a pervert?"

"You said you're always watching. So you clearly watch when Kai and I were having hot_"

"My dear, I am a gentleman so knows when I must retreat at such scenes"

"Yeah, right. Pervert with a capital P, don't think I forget about my reward. Where is my money?"

"..."

"Hurry and make the transfer Bob" I reached for my IPhone and check my bank account.

Seconds later, 60,000 appeared with the name BOB next to it.

"Excuse me sir" I raised my hand while still looking at my IPhone. "I think you made a mistake. I only see 60,000 instead of the 100,000"

"My dear, you're married to Kai Endou for about two years. That's only 1 year more than Lin Heng."

"Exactly, twice the amount of time - twice the amount of money"

"..."

After Mia Clark's death, I was given a glimpse of the final story. With her death, she changed many people's lives. Noah Walters became cold and distant toward everyone - no longer the same innocent little boy. Witness his mother's death; Noah swore vengeance toward anyone who was involved. The little boy waited ten years before he put his revenge to work. Olivia Mills was deemed mentally ill in court and was sent to a mental institution for the rest of her life. Noah had carefully planted his people in the mental institution where Olivia Mills was and slowly tortured the woman mentally and physically. For Olivia Mills' relatives - mainly her uncle, the same man who had mentor Mark Walters, Noah destroyed them one by one. Stripping them from their status and wealth, Noah Walters sent every last living relatives of Olivia Mills to the streets or to prison. Cruel and heartless, Noah did not care for anyone - not even his blood father, Mark Walters.

Mark Walters was stunned when he learned what Olivia Mills had done. He was filled with grieve and guilt when he was told Mia Clark had passed. He had wanted to amend all the wrongs by making things up to Noah - his son. But nothing he could do or say could move the boy's frozen heart. Noah Walters told his father the day his mother was buried that he will never forgive him. Cold, empty eyes were all Mark Walters could remember from his son as Noah refused to see or acknowledge him ever again. Every time he tried to see Noah, the bodyguards that Kai Endou hired to protect him would block Mark Walters. High school graduation, college graduation, award ceremonies, business events, and social events, Mark Walters can only get glimpses of Noah.

Mark Walters lived a very long life - desolated and alone, wanting to find a way for his son to forgive him but was never given the chance. Worst, Mark Walters will continue to live the long life never able to see his only son.

Peter Endou was Noah Walters' only friend. Although Noah grew into a cold, empty man, Peter did not fault or blame him. Like Noah, Peter had a great deal of love and respect for Mia Clark. For the few years where they became a family was the happiest in Peter Endou's life. When Mia was gone so suddenly, Peter happiness scattered. His brother and friend changed. His uncle changed. In silence, the kind young man did what any good friends and nephew would do - he stayed by their side.

For Kai Endou, losing Mia had broken him. Before loving Mia, the man was indifferent and aloof. Only when he knew and grew to love Mia, he became gentle and kind - foolishly so. After Mia death, Kai Endou became empty - like a shell with no soul. Because Mia had asked that he watched over her son Noah, Kai Endou did. For ten years, Kai Endou watched over Noah. Seeing the once innocent boy growing into a cruel, cold man, Kai Endou did not stop it. Instead, Kai Endou supported the young man in every decision he had made. Only until Noah Walters became a strong, independent man with his own business Empire, Kai Endou left the world - dying in the bed within the private bedroom suite that he once shared with Mia. It took three days after the man had died for anyone to discover his body. The smell the corpse leads the police officers to the concealed suite. When they found Kai Endou, the man appeared to be sleeping, dreaming with a smile on his face.

Both Peter and Noah knew Kai Endou had wanted to follow Mia since the day she died and so was not surprised with the news of his death. Noah clearly knows how much Kai Endou had loved his mother and so, made sure his body was buried beside her. It was the only thing he could do for the man who loved his mother.

"You caused Mia's son to be a cold, cruel man... And you still want to claim your reward?"

"Excuse me Bob" I glared, feeling offended somehow. "I caused no such thing. The poor child lost his mother to the crazy woman - not because of me."

"..."

"You're trying to find ways to cheat me from my money. Clearly, the point of the game was to get Kai Endou to fall in love with Mia not to ensure the boy leads a righteous life"

"..."

"You big pervert, don't try to cheat me"

"I'm only giving you 60,000. My dear, getting the man to marry you for two years does not guarantee that he'll love and devote himself to you forever. You died before we saw any true results"

"But_"

"Kai Endou spends the rest of his life looking after Mia's son because of guilt of Mia's death. The rules to the game clearly meant that you must live through to witness the man's devotion for you"

"..."

"My dear... it's time for you to head on to the next game. This time, do your best not to provoke the female lead"

"What's the fun in that?" I mumbled.

"What was that?"

I lay back down on the bed instead of answering.

"Can you not make the transition so painful?"

"My dear, that is impossible"

When the invisible force punched me in the gut, I wanted to curse up a storm. Instead, I was knocked out cold.