09.23 - Cyde

"Cyde"

The water dragon's cold voice brought everyone attention back to the dire situation.

"M_ master..." Alexis shaky voice wanted to plea for Cyde and Nilo but when the man's eyes went to her, she understood nothing she could say can sooth his anger.

"Looks like you've been caught, darling." Myka's playful tone made Lei look at her.

His scowl deepened as he saw the way Myka wrapped her arms around Cyde's waist, hugging the tall young man while burying the side of her face against his chest. Cyde – on the other hand, welcomed her embrace and wrapped an arm around her shoulder while fearlessly looking at his master.

"C_ Cyde?"

Lei wasn't the only one surprised – Alexis and Nilo were as well. In fact, Alexis and Nilo were stunned as they stared at Myka and Cyde with opened mouths.

"Are you crazy?" Lei questioned Myka with a scowl. "He's weak!"

Cyde tightened his hold on Myka and couldn't refute Lei's words. He was, after all, not in the same level when it comes to the nine-tails fox power.

"He will drain you." Lei continued to look at Myka with a mixed expression of anger and concern.

Myka lifted her head from Cyde's chest and stepped out of his hold. Cyde quickly took her hand and held it tight, refusing to let her leave his side. With a sigh, Myka smile at Cyde before turning to look at Lei.

"What can I do? He's so handsome. I just can't help myself." Myka teasing words only made Lei frown even more.

No longer wanting to deal with the crazy fox, Lei looked at Cyde.

"You must be destroyed..." Lei muttered even though he doesn't fully understand why he needed to get rid of his disciple.

"If you want to kill him, you'll have to go through this fox." Myka could sense Lei's seriousness and instantly stood in front of Cyde.

"You're willing to die for an insignificant disciple?" Lei's eyes became dangerously empty.

Seeing the serious situation, Myka no longer smile. Cyde wanted to stepped out to protect Myka but she lifted a hand to stop him. Glancing over at Nilo and Alexis, Myka told them with her eyes to take hold of Cyde. Understanding his master's order, Nilo quickly grab hold of his twin. But how could Cyde let Myka face the water dragon alone.

"You're going to be in the way." Nilo whispered fiercely to his brother.

Frozen to the brutal fact, Cyde couldn't move. Nilo and Alexis took that moment to pull Cyde away from the impending battle between the fox and the water dragon.

"You're a fool, fox." Lei focus was only on Myka.

"If you're going to attack, do so dragon." Myka rolled her eyes, clearly not threatened by Lei.

"So be it..."

The water dragon did not recognize the reason for his anger. He could only vent. Despite his emotionless eyes, inside, he was feeling anger, jealousy, and sadness. For a Qui to have such emotions will be his and her downfall. For a powerful being like the water dragon, such downfall will be a scar in his existence.