09.9 - Cyde

Nilo had expected the switch back to be seamless after drilling Cyde of any out of the ordinary event that had happened while they pretended to be each other. What he did not expect was as soon as he returned to The Valley of Plum Blossom, the nine-tails fox decided to go into hibernation. Without letting anyone know how long she was hibernation for, Nilo felt bitter. His twin was able to learn the elemental Air the first day Cyde pretended to be him, but Nilo – himself, despite being the official disciple, is treated like a little slave boy – working without pay. He thought he being tricked by fate. In reality, he was tricked by the nine-tails fox.

The following month when Nilo looked forward to switching place with Cyde, he didn't know that the nine-tail fox chose that moment to go out of hibernation. The days after he returned to learn that Cyde once again was personally taught by the nine-tail fox, he felt cheated. Quickly returning to The Valley of Plum Blossom, he once again heard that his master is in hibernation. Flabbergast by his master's unpredictable manner, he swore he will not leave the valley until she comes out of hibernation. Of course, after three months of waiting, the boy lost patience and again switch place with his twin. And as always, once he returned to the valley, his master would go into her deep sleep.

Logically, seeing that he constantly missed the nine-tail fox teaching, Nilo was at a lost. And the more he thought about it, he wondered if his twin was hiding something from him. When Nilo confronted Cyde about it, he was only given a cold reaction.

"What are you implying?" Cyde asked his brother with an expressionless face.

Nilo knew his brother was offended by his questioning. But who could blame Nilo for doubting? After all, it was too much of a coincident that every time they switch place, it's Cyde that reap the benefits.

"I..." Nilo didn't know what to ask. "You don't see the strangeness in all this?"

"How so?" Cyde simply replied with a question.

"How so? Only when we switch that the nine-tail fox decide to teach."

"And?" Cyde continued. "How is this my problem? Don't forget, it was your idea to begin with."

That – indeed – was the unfortunate truth Nilo couldn't deny.

"We don't have to switch anymore." Cyde said coldly.

"Cyde." Nilo quickly took hold of his twin's hand. "I_"

Before Nilo could say another word, Alexis suddenly appeared with a frantic expression.

"Cyde, Nilo, you're both here."

The twin boys looked at Alexis and share the same frown as they saw how nervous she was.

"What's wrong Alexis?" Nilo voiced their question.

"The..." Alexis hesitated before replying. "The nine tail-fox is with master_"

Before Alexis could finish, both boys took off running like their lives depended on it. Alexis figured it was due to their fear of being caught at their deceptive games. The truth? Only the boys know their own thoughts.

Meanwhile, the nine-tail fox Myka was indeed with the water dragon Lei. Of course, not for the reason that the twin is thinking about. Myka wasn't interesting in exposing the twin switching routine. And no, Myka wasn't interested in the water dragon. Why she was with the water dragon? No particular reason. She only wanted to put the boys on edge. True to her nature, Myka was the type to play and tease her target. Regrettably for her target, the woman was currently bored out of her mind so needed some entertainment.