08.10 - Nox Maxwell

*WARNING: The following content HEAVILY contains sexual content that is unsuitable for children.*

                The following morning, Mavi woke up feeling boneless. Her eyes opened to see a faint image of a plum blossom engraved on Maxwell Nox's chest. She distinctively remember there was no mark on the man's body before. Startled by the new mark, she lifted her eyes to meet the man's dark gaze.

"This_"

                Mavi barely opened her mouth and the man attacked her. It wasn't until he rolled his body back on top of her that she noticed the man had not withdraw from her body. In fact, the man was still buried deeply inside. She didn't even have a chance to smack his stone-like chest when his hips begin to move passionately.

"Mavi..."

                The truth was, Maxwell Nox could not part from her due to the mating. The soul inside Mavi did not know that for the Mare tribe, the mating process is long and strenuous. The bond is not complete until a mark that represent their mate is fully imprinted on their body. The very mark that she saw on Maxwell Nox's chest was still blooming. Thus unfortunately for Mavi, she will have to endure the man's powerful energy until the mark is complete.

"You horrible man..."

                Only when the plum blossom bloom vibrantly in pink and white on Maxwell Nox's chest, that he was able to finally ease out of her body. But by that time, Mavi couldn't even lift a single finger. She didn't even have the energy to cry.

"I'm sorry..." Maxwell Nox apologized with a warm smile.

"No you're not..." Mavi wanted to smack at the smile off the man's face, but again, she had zero energy.

"Our mating is complete." Maxwell Nox kissed the now pink dot under her right eye. "Mavi... This prince is happy..."

"Fool..." Mavi muttered. "To mate with a complete stranger... you fool..."

"Stranger..." Maxwell Nox chuckled softly as he gathered her soft, petite body into his arms. "A mating is not destiny between strangers... It's the recognition of two souls..."

                Those words stirred Mavi more than she liked to admit. All this time, the soul within Mavi have been the one to control the flow of the game. When have things changed? Suddenly, Mavi felt the need to run. If she had the strength to, she would have taken off already. But Maxwell Nox's loving hold was stronger than any chains.

"Plum blossom..."

                At the sound of Maxwell Nox's voice, Mavi looked up to see plum blossom falling from the ceiling of the cave.

Plum blossoms keep me up, every night

Keeping blooming, teasing my lesion

Blooming for no one, no season

Then consuming my thoughts, my sight

                As if her soul was pulled, Mavi's eyes shot to Maxwell Nox. The poem that was buried deep within her memory suddenly resurfaced. Maxwell Nox didn't know why he spoke such words. At the sight of the plum blossoms, he simply let his heart speak. The Mare prince didn't know just how much those words cause turmoil within Mavi.

"Fool..." Mavi's soft voice was shook with unknown emotions.

                Lifting her trembling hand, Mavi traced the second male lead's face. Features have changed, but at the same time, he still remained the unchanged.

"Fool..."

                Maxwell Nox smiled quietly as he let Mavi trace every part of his face. He wanted her to remember every detail of him and never forget.

"Fool..."

                Who was really the fool?