09.13 - Cyde

Time comes and goes – but for the World called Kien, time is both fleeting and endless. For Myka, it was tedious. Yes, she was the all powerful nine-tail fox. Yes, she was beautiful. Yes, she has many riches and lands of the world. But power, beauty, and riches amount to nothing when one is bored. The soul with Myka for once experience loneliness without knowing what it was. Instead, reason it to be boredom. But who can blame her for such reasoning? She had always been alone – therefore, had not understood the different between being alone and being lonely.

In the current world, Myka find herself having wait for main characters to grow was tortuous. What's more she had played her role as an elder – as a master, teaching the main characters to become stronger. But the more time passes, the more she realized how long it would take for them to be at her level. Why is strength so important? Don't forget that in Kien, only the strongest lives. This also applies in terms of mating partners. While not all Qui masters have pure bodies, it was rare for them to have intercourse. Because their bodies have divinity powers, any bodily act will impact their live source. If their partner does not have equal power, such act will lead the weaker body to drain the energy of the stronger one. This is why in the realm of Kien, the Qui masters would often mate with each other to maintain balance. Naturally, the current Myka was not interest in any of the Qui masters.

But facts cannot change, the nine-tails fox had lived for thousands of years. In terms of strength, only a handful of Qui master could compare – the water dragon was one of them. For a mere disciple to catch up to the powerful nine-tails fox, would take that individual precisely thousands of years. But by that time, her time would be up and she would become ash carried away by the wind. The soul within Myka understood the true cycle of Qui beings – only death brings new beginning. When the disciple is as strong as the master, it means the master time has ended. The cycle is as simple as that.

What does this mean? It means Myka's character – her role, never played any part to the story because the story truly begins when the nine-tails fox had long turned into ash. By that time, the protagonist truly becomes a Qui master and leading characters of the world begin their torrent love affairs. Understanding the plot of the story, Myka smirked. Was she the type to play a non-existence role? While she was a lazy individual, she wasn't the sort to live by standard rules. The stricter the rules, the more she would rebel. That was her nature.

"Master, your coffee is ready."

While the nine-tails fox was pondering how to break the rules of the current world, her head disciple came bearing her favorite drink. Sitting up and transforming to her human form, Myka casually took the cup and sip it with a smile. None of her disciples understood why the woman likes to drink something so black and dark, but then again, none of them ever tasted the drink call "coffee". If not for their master, they didn't even know such an ominous looking drink existed.

"Where is Nilo?" Myka asked while she lean back against the chair with the warm cup of coffee in hand.

Because Myka have shown obvious favoritism for Nilo for the years, her other disciples were not surprised by her question. Instead, they report Nilo's whereabouts as if it was common occurrence.

"He's in the Phe plant water field." Her head disciple replied.

"With the water dragon disciples." Myka smile was unreadable as her eyes gazed off into the distance.

"Master..." The head disciple was reluctant to speak at first but then continued. "Is it wise for us to keep letting the water dragon disciples come into your territory? It's been years... we have learned how to harvest the Phe plants. We no longer need them."

The disciple had spoken the truth. It's long been unnecessary for the water dragon's disciples to come to the nine-tails fox territory. Myka's disciples had learned the proper method to harvest the Phe plants. Alexis, in returned, had learned how to properly brew the plum blossom tea.