07.9 - Easton Zed

When Maida regain consciousness, the first thing she saw as the iron shackles around her wrists. Keeping still, she glanced at her surroundings to see that she's lying inside a black cage big enough for her to sit but not stand. She also noticed the curtains beyond the cage and quickly deduced that the cage she's lying inside of is on a platform or stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to my humble establishment where you will find the best treasures of the world."

Maida held back a sneer when she heard the voice speaking into a microphone. There was complete silence with only one person speaking - the Owner of one of the city's exclusive auction house. In that moment, Maida knew she was one of the auction items.

"The first item up is a very rare find."

Yup - she was definitely being auctioned off. No one could see Maida's calm and indifferent expression while she continued to lay there, listening to the person exaggerate how "rare" she was. Just before the curtain lifted, Maida smirked before immediately put forward the next act. They want to sell her off? Fine - Maida will make sure she'll sell for the highest price.

"The bid will start at 10,000 gold coins."

As soon as the curtain lifted, a very bright spotlight shine directly down on the cage revealing a petite figure dressed in a light pink dress lying on a bed of white features. Slowly, the girl - barely sixteen, lifted as if awaken from her sleep. Her black silk-like hair falls beautifully below her elbows while she lifted her head to see darkness all around her. The crowd knew the girl could not see them because they were all sitting within the pitch black portion of the room. The only light source was shine on the cage she's in.

Her breathtaking emerald eyes look out into the darkness with confusion and fear - causing the silent crowd to stir with desire to possess her.

Meanwhile, sitting among many others, Zed Easton took in the sight of the strikingly gorgeous girl with her pink lips and soft, dewy peach skin. Chained inside the black cage, the girl looked back and forward like a little lost bunny - confused to her surroundings. For a pack of beasts to see such a delectable prey, her every expression and movement only fuel their desire to devour her.

"Boss..."

There had been several other Gobi members sitting behind Zed Easton. At the sight of Maida in the cage, not only were they shocked, they were mortified. Why? Just a few days ago, two of the Gobi members frantically informed their boss that Maida was gone. She was supposed to run some errands for Uncle Nsia but was found missing when they were at a clothing store. The two men - of course, nearly wet their pants when they saw how silent their boss eyes were. Zed Easton only needed to take one step forward and the two men went down to their hands and knees begging for forgiveness. If the right-hand man didn't step in and told Zed Easton the priority now is to find the girl, the two men would have died in the hands of their boss.

"Find her now."

Zed Easton only said three words, and instantly his men rushed off. After several days of searching, one of the Gobi members finally have a lead on a black hair beauty being sold in one of the black market's auction houses. As soon as he relayed the message to the mafia boss, the man head toward the most prominent auction house in the city. And sure enough, the first auction item was Maida herself. In spite of the controlled, stern expression on each Gobi member's face, they were sweating bullets because of how calm their boss currently was.

Even though Zed Easton appeared indifferent and the relaxed while sitting back against the lounge chair, his men knew how angry their boss by his hand slightly gripping on the chair armrest. Once the auction began, Zed Easton's eyes shot over at his right-hand man. Knowing the mafia boss' unspoken order, the right-hand man prepared for the auction battle.

"Sold to #297 for 680,000 gold coins"

Half an hour later, the bid for the black hair beauty was closed. The crowd all muttered in disappointment while the curtains fall and cut off their view of the cage. On the other side of the closed curtain, the cage with Maida in it was carted off through the back doors. At the same time, the Gobi members and their boss also disappeared from the dark room and headed toward the back of the auction house through an empty, private alley.

"Find out who took her" Zed Easton voice was low and menacing while he strode calmly through the narrow alley corridor. "Make sure they're not alive to enjoy their cut in the money"

"Yes boss" Four of the six Gobi members left as soon as Zed Easton gave his orders.

"And the auction house?" The right-hand man asked casually with a poker face expression.

Zed Easton had not care about the auction house until he turned the corner to see Maida locked up in the cage with two guards. His eyes flashed red before it went back to its tranquil state.

"Wipe it out by the end of the week" Zed Easton told his right-hand man before he walked toward the caged Maida.

As soon as the two guards saw the mafia boss, they handed him the keys and left back inside the auction house.

"For me to have bought the same person twice, you are the first" Zed Easton stood before the cage with the keys in hand but showed no indication of letting Maida out.

Putting on a frightened and confused expression, Maida look up at the mafia boss like she didn't understand his question.

"Your innocent act will not fool me" Zed Easton said coldly.

Maida's lips trembled before looking down, giving the most grievous expression. The two Gobi members and the right-hand man were amused by the girl's expression which claimed Zed Easton was bullying her for no reason.

"Did you think to run away?" Zed Easton questioned dangerously.

"You won't let me out?" Maida ignored the man's question and signed.

"Why should I let you out?" Zed Easton's eyes were vacant of any compassion. "You're my pet after all."

Holding back a scowl, Maida refused to show a flicker of her true emotion. Instead, she lay back down on the bed of feature and closed her eyes. If the mafia boss would not let her out and see her as a pet, then Maida will act like one.

"Maida"

The girl expression was quiet and still like water. It was clear to anyone looking that the girl was mocking the mafia boss by behaving just like a pet - a very stubborn one. Seeing her stubborn act, Zed Easton unlocked the dead bolt while one of his men quickly came over to lift open the lid of the cage. Maida didn't have time to react when Zed Easton bend and pulled her up into his arms.

"You little devil fox," Zed Easton voice was low and deep as he whispered into her ear. "I look away for one moment and you decided to run away."

Look away? When has the man ever looked at her? Seeing her genuine confused expression, Zed Easton cold expression unknowingly softened. Then before Maida figured out what it all means, the man already begun to walk off, carrying her in his arms like a princess. For the first time, the soul within Maida wondered if she missed something in the last four years.