06.19 - Rivera Lukas

Soon Blaze Jager graduated from high school.The following days afterward, the young man turned 18. Legally an adult, Blaze planned for his departure to San Francisco where he would spend the next four years expanding his knowledge and horizon. Unlike the original storyline where Blaze lived a life of revenge, he now has aspiration to succeed and make a name for himself. Although his ambition is still to take over Jager Corp as CEO one day, Blaze's heart no longer held hatred or anger.

                What's there to avenge when Maxie never gave the enemy a chance to swindle the young man out of his 15% shares of the corporation?

                But when one problem is resolve, another naturally takes its place. Since the enemy could not trick Blaze Jager out of the shares he owns, they decided to get rid of him all together. Why? Blaze was not supposed to have a smooth progression in life. If Blaze continued to live an ignorant life, no one would care about him. If he was to mature into a gifted individual, Blaze would be a threat to them – especially when he could legally compete for the CEO position. And seeing how Maxie Luther had hidden her skills until she was of age, the enemy could not risk the second time on Blaze Jager. Thus, in their mind, Blaze must be eliminated.

                Of course Maxie knew that the change in the protagonist's development will result in the enemy's eagerness to destroy him. With Blaze far away from home, it would be difficult for Maxie to monitor every incident. Even if she were to have bodyguards shadowing the protagonist in secret, there are plenty of other foul methods for the enemy to use. And Maxie have no doubt they would use the dirtiest method in the villain's handbook. So what's her plan? She searched fora capable individual who could keep the protagonist out of trouble - or at least, inform her if the young man is in trouble.

                This is where Lukas Rivera comes in. From the start, the second male lead was ten times more talented than the silly male lead of the story. As the heir of the Rivera Clan, the second male lead's life was naturally strict. While Blaze Jager grew up ignorant, Lukas Rivera was taught to be independent. The two leading men of the story were born in a world of wealth and power, but because they grew up in a different environment, the young happy go-lucky protagonist became a spoil brat, whereas the second male lead developed into a stern and cold individual.It could be said that the two leading men are complete opposite in personality and temperament. With such differences, in normal circumstances, the two would have never hung out in the same crowd. It was a wonder how the protagonist foolishly believed that the second male lead was a friend to begin with.

"Good afternoon Ms. Luther"

                Just as Maxie was pondering on how to carry out her plan, luck brought the second male lead and his grandfather to her. She was on her way out of the elevator lobby and into the main lobby when the handsome grandfather-grandson duo appeared.

"Mr. Rivera" Maxie gave her usual business smile. "What brought you to Jager Corp. this afternoon?"

"I have a lunch appointment with your grandfather" Alan Rivera smiled back.

"Is that so..." Maxie replied casually. "Then I'll leave you to your appointment"

                Before Maxie could take her leave, a demanding voice was heard. She didn't even need to turn around to know it was Cain Jager and his usual crowd of people.

"Have your grandmother taught you nothing in manners?"

                The soprano voice may be alluring to men, but to Maxie, it was annoying. With her usual controlled expression, Maxie turned to face Cain Jager's fourth wife - who, like always, wore a skin-tight sheath dress showing off her breast and legs.

"4th Grandmother" Maxie purposely provoke the woman with her title. "Aren't you my grandmother? Didn't my manners come from you?"

"You little_"

"Now-now 4th Grandmother, don't get too worked up. With your age, something is bound to break if you let your anger get the best of you"

                The woman would have exploded on the spot if not for the sudden hand holding back her arm.Maxie's eyes went to the man who held his father's supposed 4th wife's arm.And because Maxie deliberately staring, the man quickly took back his hand like it was on fire while the woman swiftly went to her old husband's side.

"Such a wonderful family you have Mr. Jager"With an amused smirk, Maxie faced the stoic old monarch of the Jager's clan.

                In that moment, Cain Jager did not show any emotion while he removed his arm from his young wife's hold. The action caused the woman to turn white then red with embarrassment at the rebuff.

"Did you have lunch yet?" Cain Jager ignored Maxie's previous statement while asking with his poker expression.

"Yes" And like always, Maxie lied without blinking.

"Did she?" Cain Jager turned Maxie's secretaries.

"Ms. Luther is heading out to lunch now" Mr. Durbar answered bluntly.

                Exposed to her lie, Maxie didn't react. Instead, she glanced over at one of her head secretaries standing to her right. The man also glanced at her with an innocent expression. Rolling her eyes, Maxie look back at Cain Jager with a guiltless smile.

"It seems I worked so hard that I didn't realize if I've eaten or not" Maxie mocked a tired sigh while she pinched the bridge of her nose.

                Several people looked at her act wryly, while others were fuming with anger. They couldn't believe the young woman could behave so brazenly. And she does it without a hint of shame.

"Since you don't have an excuse this time" Cain Jager ignored Maxie's innocent pretense and said with his usual calm tone. "Join us to lunch"

"Ehh" Maxie pursed her lips - deliberately behaving like a spoil child. "I hate having lunch with so many insignificant people around"

                Before anyone could express their rage, Cain Jager silenced them with his empty eyes. After stating that only he along with his 2nd son, Alan Rivera and Lukas Rivera will be joining Maxie to lunch, bitterness filled within the large group people.

"Still not going?" Cain Jager was almost to the building entrance when he looked over his shoulder.

                Maxie gave the group of livid people one last smile before making her way toward the glass sliding doors where four men were waiting for her.