06.15 - Rivera Lukas

"Oh my god, it's Maxie!"

                While the couple made their escape, a cheerful voice suddenly called out from above. Everyone looked up to the second floor of the club to see two identical faces. Within seconds, the beautiful twin women and four other gorgeous people appeared at the glass balcony.

"Maxie!" One of the twin women waved with a bright smile. "I was wondering what was taking Jack so long to come back. Turns out you're here"

"Come up and join us Maxie" A gorgeous man spoke with a friendly smile.

                If the VIP section where Ruby Jager sat was made for very important people, the private second floor was made for deities only. The men and women who appeared at the glass guardrail were all recognized as both influential and affluent people. How did Maxie know the group? As Jager Corp's CEO, it was easy for Maxie to meet such people so as long as she chose the right functions to attend.

"Since the situation is cleared up. Come and hang out with us" Jack Wiles gave Maxie a smile.

"No" Maxie declined the man's invitation for the second time. "We're leaving"

"Maxie_"

"Look at my brother's face" Maxie scowled at Jack Wiles, reminding the man the bruise on Blaze Jager's face. "Because of you, I am in no mood to hang out"

"What?" Jack Wiles was startled to receive Maxie's sudden scolding. "What did I do?"

"You boast about your fancy, exclusive club so I had figured the security here is at least adequate" Maxie crossed her arms over her chest. "Instead, I came here and find my brother getting beat up. Care to explain Jack?"

                Instantly, Jack Wiles was embarrassed – unable to answer Maxie's question.

"I_ I didn't know you had a brother..." Jack Wiles could only give a feeble excuse.

"Your doormen let him in didn't they?" Maxie's words were as sharp as her eyes. "The whole world knows Blaze Jager is my blood cousin. I consider him as my little brother. So don't give me a poor excuse, Jack"

"Maxie, wait" Jack Wiles flustered. "Let me apologize, I honestly didn't know. I'll make sure it won't happen again. Next time_"

"There will be no next time" Maxie said sharply.

"R_ right" Jack Wiles sighed heavily before he looked at Blaze with a weak smile. "As an apology, please let me treat you both to dinner"

"Hmph, 1 month of dinner at any of your restaurants" Maxie said shamelessly. "And you better make sure your doormen knows who my brother is"

                Jack Wiles gave a soft laugh, not minding Maxie's brazenness the least. On the other hand, everyone's jaw dropped witnessing the entire conversation.

"I understand" Jack Wiles smiled. "So, you'll come upstairs?"

"Next time, I need to take Blaze home"

"No Maxie, don't go" The twins called out seeing Maxie turning to leave. "We rarely get to see you. Come up for a bit"

                Maxie gave a half smile to the gorgeous group of men and women standing at the glass balcony. The quiet goodbye wave she gave was clear indication that she was leaving.

"Let's go brat" Maxie turned to Blaze before walking toward the entrance.

                Now sober, Blaze Jager quietly followed after the tall woman with the two bodyguards at his side. Blaze did not know why Maxie was standing up for him. He had been cold and rude to her since their grandmother's death – believing that Maxie had not care about him just like he had not cared about her. When his friends all abandon him, he had thought no one was at his side – especially Maxie.

"Why...?" Blaze wasn't sure what he wanted to ask Maxie.

"Thank your lucky stars Blaze Jager" Maxie glanced back at Blaze with an unreadable expression. "That you're Maxie Luther's family"

                When Maxie and Blaze left the club, the music and lights begin to play loudly as if nothing had happened. While the crowd was still in a daze, they went back to whatever they were doing before Maxie appeared. Many of them glanced over at the VIP section where Ruby and Dustin Jager sat – curious as to what the siblings' reaction. They all knew the sexy woman in red was Ruby Jager's model friend. Seeing the couple rushed to the VIP section, anyone could guess that the entire affair had been a ploy to play with Blaze Jager while the man was drunk. Everyone knew that Blaze had lost his standing in society after his grandmother passed away. Many of the young man's friends had kept their distance causing many others to follow suit. On top of that, there wasn't a day where Dustin Jager and his friends poke fun at Blaze's loss. The whole ordeal had impacted Blaze's self-esteem and pride.

"Lukas?"

                Meanwhile, in the sectioned off VIP area, the second male lead had been watching from the beginning to end. Lukas Rivera had seen the angry Blaze Jager being humiliated, tricked, and beaten. The gullible young man had thought people respected him when the truth was they respected his grandmother. Instead of realizing that fact, Blaze continued to behave haughtily and arrogant. Even when his supposed friends begin to distance themselves, Blaze still did not know the root of the problem lies within him. From the start, their relationship relies on equal benefits for one another. If those benefits are not in balance – the "friendship" is no longer necessary.

                True to the original story, the second male lead hadn't care much for the protagonist of the story. The change happened when Maxie appeared. For 2 years since Lukas Rivera saw the transformation in Maxie Luther, his unemotional heart had been stirred. Every time they cross path, he felt nothing but irritation. The little amount of times where he sees the older woman, she acts as if he was air while speaking only to his grandfather. And every time he sees the older woman smile or laugh to other people, he felt even more annoyed. Just like when Jack Wiles put his arm around Maxie's shoulder, Lukas Rivera wanted to cut off the man's hand. He hadn't realized how dangerous his emotion was and why he even felt possessive toward the older woman.

"Lukas? Where are you going?"

                Dustin Jager had managed to get the cold and stoic young master of the Rivera Clan to join him and his older sister's group. When Lukas Rivera joined them, both Dustin and Ruby Jager were pleased – thinking that it meant the man was silently agreeing to be their people. But then Lukas Rivera stood and walked away without a single word as if he was never there to begin with. Watching the tall handsome man leave, they felt disappointed – especially Ruby Jager.