04.7 - Tsai Xuan

Sensing Tsai Xuan's budding interest, Muxue begin her next attack by provoking his manly hormones. Early next morning, before the sun rise, Muxue carefully sneaked away to the nearby lake. Disrobing the old and dirty outer layer male servant robe, Muxue went into the lake wearing a thin white inner garment layer. Including the time she escape her uncle, it had been almost two weeks since Muxue had a bath. The smell and dirt had bothered her far too long. Diving into the cool water, Muxue enjoyed the beautiful and quiet view of the dark horizon. With a sly smile, she waiting until her prey come to her.

"Han Muxue!"

The light of the morning sun barely crack through the horizon and Muxue could hear multiple distance shouts of her name. Giggling, she dived deeper into the water, swimming as if nothing was wrong. Meanwhile, Tsai Xuan and his men were searching for Muxue frantically nearby. That early morning, Tsai Xuan had suddenly woken up feeling something was off. He quickly exit his tent and his eyes immediately went to the largest tree where Muxue would usually be sleeping against. That morning, the woman was not where she usually was. Before he could understand his alarmed emotion, he had already shouted for her search. The soldiers immediately shot out of their tent within seconds of their Commander's orders. The two soldiers whom was supposed to keep watch of the camp site broke into cold sweats when Tsai Xuan's eyes flashed to them. For any soldier on watch to let the enemy infiltrate the campsite without quickly warning his brothers-in-arm was useless. For them to let the enemy capture their Commander's woman was as good as dead.

Just as Tsai Xuan was about to get rid of the two soldiers himself, someone shout out that Muxue's clothes was found. Tsai Xuan rushed off leaving the two soldiers slipping down to the ground - their legs completely lost all their strength due to fear.

Muxue had hang her clothes against a small tree closest to the lake. When Tsai Xuan and his men were lead to it, they found her shoes beside the edge of the water. Just before Tsai Xuan rushed into the water, Muxue rose up from out of the water. Stunned, the men was faced with the woman's alluring back with her long hair down the slim length of her body to her tiny waist.

"Go back!"

Muxue had already knew the men were all there, and from the sound of heavy footsteps, the men had all ran away after Tsai Xuan's angry words. Suppressing her laugh, Muxue turned around like she was startled by Tsai Xuan's sudden shout. Her eyes widened like she was surprised to see him. Then with a slightly panic expression, she rushed out the water to the tree where she had supposedly left her clothes. But she was barely out the water and Tsai Xuan already grabbed hold of her around her waist. Her entire body was pressed up against him, causing her to look up into his dark deep gaze.

"You fool!" Tsai Xuan looked like he wanted to eat her whole. "What do you think you're doing?"

Muxue's surprised expression scratched at Tsai Xuan's heart even more.

"Let go of me" Muxue pushed at his chest. "My clothes_"

"Were you trying to seduce all the men here?" Tsai Xuan's hand clutched against the thin wet fabric to feel the softness of her skin. "Were you trying to seduce me?"

"Let go" Muxue showed a panic expression. "I only wanted to be clean"

Tsai Xuan could feel her trembling against him and thought she was cold so held her closer with both arms securely around her.

"I'm your Commander's fiancé" Muxue pushed harder, showing a more frantic expression. "I belong to him you rouge!"

Tsai Xuan didn't know why but her frantic expression and words troubled him. Letting her go, he quickly removed his own outer robe to cover her.

"I don't need your clothes. I have my own_"

"You went as far as sneaking out to bathe. Wearing that dirty old clothes will defeat your reason"

Tsai Xuan ignored her resistance and put his robe on her. While he was concentrating on tying the belt around Muxue's waist, he missed the smirk on her face.

After Tsai Xuan covered Muxue up with his outer robe, he took her back to the campsite. There, he had men prepared a bonfire and ordered Muxue to sit by to dry off. Muxue stubbornly refused and insisted that they continued their route to the capital like usual. But Tsai Xuan forced her to sit and told her everyone still had not had their morning meals because they were busy searching for a certain person who sneaked out for a bath.

"Next time, if you want to bath, tell me. No need to sneak out"

"I didn't sneak out" Muxue muttered quietly.

The men all glanced at Muxue who hugged her knees to her chest. Her eyes was focusing on the wild chicken that was roasting in the center.

"Why did you sneak out anyways?" Tsai Xuan couldn't help but tease her. "Did the dirt and smell finally reached its limit for you?"

"I didn't want to look bad meeting Tsai Xuan for the first time" Muxue shot him a hateful glare and then look down at her dirty shoes. "I'm not pretty already... I don't want to look ugly in front of him too..."

The men were all startled. It was the first time they saw Muxue behaved so delicately. When they should have laughed, none of the men could bare to.

"Who said you're not pretty" Tsai Xuan was not aware how soft his voice and tone was.

"You all did" Muxue lifted her head and glared at all the men. "Not that I care what any of you think. Even if I'm not pretty to you, Tsai Xuan may feel differently"

The men felt like a cat was clawing at their hearts.

"What do you think he'll feel when he sees you?" Tsai Xuan tested with smile. "What would you do if he already has someone?"

Muxue's eyes widened and turned to look at Tsai Xuan, seeing a grin on his face.

"He_ He does?" Muxue's eyes slowly showed sadness. "O_ Of course he does..."

Not only Tsai Xuan, but the men all felt like someone just squeezed at their hearts.

"How far are we from the capital?"

"You still want to go to the capital? After you know he has another, yet you still_"

"My family jade is still with Tsai Xuan" Muxue cut him off sharply, no longer caring to hear his words. "No matter what, I need my family jade back... And I'll return his"

Tsai Xuan watched quietly as Muxue returned her gaze to the fire.

"I know none of you want me as your Commander's betrothed. I'm not worthy. I'm old..." Muxue repeated all the insults one-by-one, knowing the guilt ate at them slowly. "Get me safely to the capital and I promise not to cause any trouble... I only want my family jade back"

"Is your family jade that important?" The other general spoke. "Miss Han... The Commander is not an easy person to deal with. You should go home. It's not too late to turn around and_"

"I'm not going home. If you all refused to take me to the capital, I can go on my own"

Muxue stood up, her eyes looking beyond the trees of the forest.

"You won't survive on your own" Tsai Xuan stood and took hold of her arm.

"I survived on my own getting to the east border. I can survive on my own to the capital"

Her expression clearly said 'just watch me'. To see such defiance, Tsai Xuan's heart beat madly. He refused to accept that the small woman will not submit to him. No one had dared to stand up to him like Han Muxue.

"Sit down" Tsai Xuan voice deepened as he forced her to sit back in front of the bonfire. "We will take you to the capital"

Muxue could see the  guilt on the men faces but pretend not to notice as she hugged her knees to her chest once more. In silence, the men watched as Muxue set her chin against her knees while holding onto her legs tightly - like a small harmless kitten. No one could hear the amused laughter within the so-call harmless kitten's mind.