06.20 - Rivera Lukas

In the back of the spacious limousine, Maxie set her elbow on the armrest beside the window. With her chin against the back of her hand, she gazed out the car window.

"Ms. Luther, do you not care to offend so many people?" Alan Rivera asked amusedly after observing the young woman for a moment. "Would they not make your work more difficult?"

"Why should I care?" Maxie answered while her eyes glance over at Cain Jager's second son. "They will make my work difficult regardless"

                In the mist of silence, Maxie's cell phone rang. Pulling her phone to see the familiar name across the screen, she answered it.

"Hey Blaze, meet me for lunch at Simon"

                After a very short conversation with Blaze, Maxie hang up and set the cell phone back in her pocket. Of course, she did not miss several displeased expressions.

"I thought you didn't want to have lunch with insignificant people" Cain Jager asked indifferently.

"My brother isn't insignificant" Maxie replied nonchalantly.

"Hmph" Cain Jager replied with an in-distinctive snort.

                To the old man, Maxie knew that Blaze Jager was an irrelevant to him - even if the young man was his first grandson from his first son. However that didn't matter to Cain Jager, all the old man cared about was one's capability and Blaze Jager currently did not show any innate talent for the business world. Seeing the old man hidden displeasure at the mention of Blaze joining them for lunch, Maxie smirked inside. After all, she never cared to "please" the so-call grandfather of hers.

"Brother?" Alan Rivera suddenly asked with a bit of surprised in his tone. "Isn't Blaze Jager your cousin?"

"With grandmother gone, I adopted Blaze as my brother" Maxie replied while looking at Cain Jager and his son. "Makes it easier to control his 15% share. You understand right, 2nd Uncle?"

                Maxie could see her 2nd uncle expression darkening with irritation but kept firm control of his emotion while he silently looked at her. When it was clear the man would not say anything in response, Maxie turned her attention to the quiet Lukas Rivera. She knew the young man had been looking at her with resentment for some time now. After all, she had purposely ignored his existence for some time now. But what should he expect? He was still way too young for her to take seriously.

"Young Master Rivera" Maxie smiled playfully. "I heard you'll be turning 18 in a few days. Congratulation on the milestone"

                Lukas Rivera shot Maxie a cold look, telling her without words to stop treating him like a child. But the reality was, the current him was still consider a child to the 24 year old woman.

"Mr. Rivera, you must be proud to have such a capable grandson" Maxie then smile at the handsome old man sitting beside Lukas Rivera. "Unlike my spoil little brother, young master Rivera has a better head on his shoulders"

                While Alan Rivera gave a proud smile, he missed the darkening expression in his grandson. Maxie had purposely spoken as if Lukas Rivera was still a little boy.

"Really" Maxie suddenly sigh, displaying a concern expression while she gazed out the window. "If Blaze were to be half as mature as your grandson, I wouldn't be so worried about him living on his own in San Francisco."

"Oh? Blaze is moving to San Francisco? He's going to university there?"

                Maxie nodded weakly while giving a nervous smile.