Chapter 18

I get back to my apartment in no time. Parking in the garage and getting out quickly. I pull out my phone and immediately go to the 2 unread messages.

8:43

Princess👑: hiiii😝☺️

Peaches🍑: what time u coming inna am?

9:12

Me: I'm not sure, it depends on how I'm feeling.

I immediately smile as I open my front door and lock it behind me. Who knew how amazing it felt to have someone texting you? I get a response quickly and throw my cigarettes, keys, and wallet on the counter.

Honey Bee🐝: come over as soon as you need to, don't try and force yourself to wait, I don't want you hurting yourself.

I blush immediately. Who knew such a big man was so kind and caring. It made me shudder to think what brought out his supposed anger problems.

Peaches🍑: ya, u look terrible when ur like that

I sigh at that. I become a mess with fear. Most people say it's stupid, but they never ask why I get so afraid. Not that I'd just tell anyone. Fear is a scary thing.

Me: I will, thank you.

I begin to strip off the hoodie. I stop when I'm about to toss it on my bed though and bring it to my nose. Inhaling the forest like scent of pine.

I chuck it on my bed when I realize I'm being totally creepy and sigh. What was I doing. I strip the rest of my clothes only slightly shaky. I'd been fine until the morning though. I walk into my bathroom and immediately set to shower.

I hop in and like every shower scrub my body at least two time before moving onto my hair. I briefly wonder if I should cut when I loud ring is heard through the bathroom. My eyes widen when I realize I didn't tell them I was taking a quick shower. I turn the water off and dry my hands on a hanging towel before reaching to grab my phone off the counter. I hit accept immediately.

"What are you...," Matt says with a grumpy tone before his mouth goes into the shape of an o, "oh I- I thought you would start telling me when you had something to do."

"I know, I forgot, sorry," I say in response with a sheepish smile. He gives me an exasperated look while his eyes keep flicking down. I realize he's looking at my shoulders, "well I'm gonna finish my shower."

He eyes widen and he nods bumping into something, "shit, yea, totally, text you in a bit."

He hangs up and I can't help but smirk slightly. I set my phone back down and continue washing my hair. Once done with that I step out drying myself before wrapping it around my waist.

I grab my phone and make my way back to my room. I quickly just pull on some dark grey adidas basketball shorts. I pick up the clothes I scattered and through them in the empty laundry basket I keep beside my bedroom door.

I look at the pale yellow hoodie on my bed and bring it to my face again. The smell was even stronger now that I had been away from it for a bit. I groan at my weirdness and hang it up in my closet. Then sprawl out on my bed to check my messages.