Chapter 52

woke up alone in this hotel room

Harry's POV
—————————————————

When I wake up I don't open my eyes. I don't want to see the missing suit case and shoes. I don't want to see the tooth brush that is no longer there, or cheap shampoo bottles vanished. Most of all, I don't want to see the absence of the most beautiful person in the world.

I could feel it in me when I woke up. Some small part of me thought I had convinced him to stay. But I hadn't. And somehow I knew, before I even opened my eyes.

I don't know how long I lay there, unmoving and wishing I could turn back time. It felt like hours, but it could have been minutes.

When my eyes finally opened, the clock on the bedside table of the hotel room read 11:43. I roll onto my back, staring at the ceiling. It hurts me to do this. Images of previous time I stared at my ceiling play through my mind. Every single one of them contains Louis. One memory stands out in my mind.

One of the first nights I stayed late at the cafe with Louis. We had been laughing moments before, looking at the starts on the ceiling as we did.

Then our faces turned to look each other in the eyes. It was completely silent, a car drove by and its headlights created shadows on the floor.

"Tell me something I can hold onto forever and never let go." Louis whispered into the darkness.

His words hung in the air for a moment, the silences enveloping us.

"Let go." I had answered.

I don't even realize I'm crying until a tear drips off my chin and onto the pillow. The room is so quiet that the single sound shook me from my thoughts.

He was right. I don't deserve love. Something always breaks it. Something around me always destroys it all. He was right. Jason was right.

—————————————————
i will fix this i promise...

it just might take a while...

tpwk❤️❤️