Chapter 1

Beachwood Cafe

Louis' POV
—————————————————

So far, today has been like any other day. I wake up, have a shower, and head out to my cafe. Me and my best friend Eleanor have owned this place for years. I usually am working, but today is my day off.

Why would I come to work on my day off? Because I own the shop and I like the space.

I have been sitting at this table in the window all morning. Sipping at my tea and watching people come in and out of the cafe. I like to do that, sit and watch. I know it might sound incredibly creepy, but it helps me understand people better.

Everyone who comes in has a story. They could be late for work but still need a morning coffee in order to stay awake. They could be an intern who has to do the coffee run for the whole office. They could be a mother and her child, picking up a coffee and hot chocolate before going to the park. Regardless everyone has a story. And I get to see a single speck of that persons life if I just watch.

It's incredible to think about, and truly terrifying. Someone entire life could change because they walked into this cafe on this morning. My entire life could change today. Not that it will.

I am a writer at heart. I have only written one novel. It was about my high school experience. About what it was like growing up in a town of people who hated your entire existence but didn't know it. I know I am incredibly dramatic. But I'm a writer, I have to be.

I was gay growing up in an accepting family, in a homophobic town. It's a strange combination. Usually you hear stories about homophobic families in accepting cities. But for me it was the other way around. I was bullied horrendously, but I had to write it out. I had to tell my story. Not because I wanted sympathy, because I wanted to be understood. I wanted my story to be heard. I wanted someone to watch me in the cafe in the morning.

I got away from the town. I told my story. I let it go. Or at least tried to. It will always be a part of who I am, but now I can move on with my life. The novel did pretty well. Now I am just trying to find inspiration for my next one.

"You alright there Tomlinson?" A girl's voice calls.

I was staring out the window, watching as people walked by on the street. I look over to the counter where my best friend is working. She has her long brown hair tide up in a high pony tail. She is looking at me with big brown eyes. We have been friends since I moved to London.

She is wearing a white v-neck long sleeved shirt that is pushed up past her elbows. Blue skinny jeans, and the black apron required while working.

"Yes," I answer. "I'm alright Eleanor."

She has always been supportive of my writing and I have always been supportive of her modelling. I mean sure she's gorgeous. Not my type though. I am also not her type apparently. Most people assume we are dating, which is hilarious because we are both far too gay for each other.

She walks over and sits in front of me.

"No notebook today?" She asks.

I usually carry around my notebook and write down ideas that I get throughout the day. At the moment it is in my bag which is hanging off the back of my chair.

"No ideas yet." I answer.

"That's alright," She says, picking at the muffin in front of me that is half eaten. "You'll come up with something."

"I just need something exciting to happen." I say.

My phone goes off right when I say that. Eleanor and I burst out laughing. I reach into my bag and take out my phone.

"I better get back to work." She says standing up. "You'll text me later right?"

She pretty much knows my routine. Come here eat breakfast, walk around the streets of London. Go home and watch tv.

"Of course." I answer. Giving her a smile as she turns and walks away.

I see that it's my sister Lottie texting me. I smile. We have always been close, ever since we were little. She was the first person I ever came out to. She understood why I was so nervous to come out in the town we were living in. And she was one of the things that helped me accept who I was, while still being safe. I take a sip of my tea before opening her message.

Lottie:
ONE DIRECTION ARE IN LONDON!!!!

I almost spit my tea everywhere. I have always loved their music. Me and Lottie both have that in common. It helped me when I was at one of my lowest points in life. The boys always being kind and supportive towards their fans made me feel excepted. I also might have a minor crush on the curly lad, but that is not important.

Louis:
If you are fucking with me Lottie so help me I will actually kill you.

Lottie:
I'M NOT I PROMISE
LOOK
attached link

She sent me a pap video of them walking into a studio and saying hello to fans. My heart starts beating really fast. I try to calm down. They are just normal people with an abnormal job.

Louis:
NO FUCKING WAY

Lottie:
I KNOW I THOUGHT THE SAME THING
MAYBE YOU WILL SEE THEM WHILE YOU ARE OUT TODAY
AGHIDJKSJDHDUWYIUDG

Louis:
Calm down Lots, Jesus

Lottie:
CALM DOWN? HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO CALM DOWN?!?
HOW THE FUCK ARE SO YOU CALM??

Louis:
Because they are people just like us, and I probably won't see them.

Lottie: 
Agh you're no fun

Louis:
Hey I'm fun!

Lottie:
Sure whatever you say

I roll by eyes at here message. I miss hanging out with her. She is in uni right now so she is extremely busy and we haven't hung out in a while. It's good to be in touch. I smile to myself and text her back saying I will call her later.

I finish up my tea and muffin, before throwing away the wrapper and giving the mug to Eleanor at the front. I sling my back over my shoulder and go to leave.

"See you later loser!" I call back to her.

She rolls her eyes at me giving me the finger, discreetly because there is a child in front of her. I laugh and push through the cafe doors.

—————————————————
I hope you guys like this first part

I have lots of ideas for this story so I'm super excited to keep writing it.

It there are any spelling or grammar mistakes please tell me so I can fix them😊

tpwk ❤️❤️