Chapter 9

strong enough to get it wrong

Louis' POV
—————————————————

It's been a few days since Harry last came to the coffee shop, so it's been a few days since I have actually seen him.

We have been texting though, every time we do and Niall is around I hear all about it on twitter.

One thing that surprises me is the lack of aggression towards me on his managements part. I have asked him if they've said anything, since he told me they don't want him to be out, but they haven't said anything to him either. It kind of stresses me out, how quiet they are, but I try not to think about it too much.

It's Friday and I am about to close the shop, for the night. I hear the door open. It's usual for us to have a few people come on a few minutes before we close so I'm not surprised.

"We're closing up soon so I can only get you something to go." I call out, not turning around from what I'm cleaning.

"Even for me?" I turn around to say yes, but see Harry standing there. "Hey angel."

I smile at him. He is wearing a brown sweater pushed up to his elbows and another pair of extremely tight black skinny jeans.

"Hello love."

He pouts. "What your no longer calling me baby?"

I laugh. "I thought you where lying about liking it." I say, turning back so I can finish up cleaning.

"Well I wasn't." He says, cheekily coming over to the counter.

"I was going to make tea do you want some?" I ask. He nods smiling.

"I can help." He says coming around the counter so he is on the same side as me.

"It's alright, baby, I've got it." Now I can see him blush in real life. I smile brightly when I see his slightly pink cheeks.

I finish making the tea and hand him a mug. "Here you are, Haz."

"You have lots of nicknames for me don't you." He sips the tea.

"Yep," I say. I walk around the counter to the main part of the shop.

"Where are you going?" Harry asks, following me.

"You'll see." I turn and smile at him, walking backwards.

I go to a part of the store where there are no table or chairs. I slip off my shoes and set my tea mug down on the floor. Harry is giving me a curious look, I just smile at him.

I then go over to the light switch and turn it off. The only thing lighting up the room is the street lamps that are turned on out side. The light is coming through the glass and creating anglular patterns on the floor with the shadows of the tables.

"Lou?" Harry asks as I get closer. I can barely see him frowning from the light of the street lamps. "What are you doing?"

I sit down cross legged next to my mug. "Sit with me?" I ask smiling up at him.

He slips of his shoes and joins me on the floor. We sit in silence for a few moments drinking our tea. I am glad I wore comfy clothes I only ever do this when I am. I am wearing grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt. Also have a dark grey beanie on my head and my fringe is sticking out of it slightly, swooping aross my forehead.

"Um, Lou?" I look over at him. "Why are we on the floor? And why are the lights of?"

I slip my phone out of my pocket and check the time, 9:59. "You'll see in one minute." I answer, putting my phone on the ground next to me.