Chapter 2

someone I heard I'm supposed to be

Harry's POV
—————————————————

"Liam!"

"Niall I love you so much!"

"Zayn can you please sign my phone?!"

"Lads can you look over hear for a quick picture!?"

"Harry! Is it true you're dating Kendall Jenner?"

All I can hear are people shouting at me. I should be used to it by now, but the truth is I don't think I ever will. It's strange to have people constantly wanting to know everything about your life. It's odd to have strangers asking you who you are dating. It's weird that they would even care.

It's not like anyone besides the lads know about my actual relationships. Management doesn't want it to get out that I also happen to like it up the ass. They also seem to want that fact to change. I don't think they understand that no matter how many beautiful women they put me with, I will still fall in love with anyone. Be it a man or a women, or just a person.

I just wish they would let me be myself. That is all I ask. I don't need to come out. I just want to be me.

- - - - - - - - -

We have been working on this song for hours and it still doesn't sound right. Nothing seems to fit in that one verse. I think the other lads see how frustrated I am getting because they tell me to take a break. I'm incredibly grateful, I felt like I was about to throw something.

When I step out of the room someone from management comes over. Katlyn, she is the nicest out of all of them. At least she tries to pretend to care. Although it is pretty obvious it's all an act.

Pretty much all of management has a thing against us. Well mostly me. The other boys are always defending me, but that doesn't stop management from being assholes. They don't want one of their perfect boys to be "gay". Because then they can't "sell my sex appeal" or something. It's total bullshit.

If I am honest I don't really want to come out. But I do want to be able to be myself without everyone telling me I can't. I feel like my sexuality has never been something I need to explain about myself. I will fall in love with who I fall in love with. I shouldn't need to explain myself to everyone. I should be allowed to just love. It should be that simple. Sadly, at this point in time, it's not simple.

"How's it going in there?" Katlyn asks.

I can tell she is trying to be nice. She has a fake smile on her face, it doesn't reach her eyes. It seems more sympathetic. Which means that what is going on in the studio isn't what she has to talk to me about. But I play along.

"Pretty good." I answer simply. "We finished Girl Almighty. We are having trouble with part of Fireproof but we'll sort it out."

"Well that's good."

She gives the answer as though she doesn't really care. Which I know she doesn't. She doesn't focus on the music part of our career. Her roll in management has to do with our public image. What fans are saying about us online, what we say in interviews and such.

I can tell she is going to try dragging out the conversation so I don't get upset about what she needs to say.

"You can just say it." I huff.

Her smile disappears almost instantly. And her expression finally matches her eyes. Fake sympathy.

"You need to change your style back to what it was before." She says, in a monotone voice.