Chapter 18

WARNING* this chapter contains homophobic language*
_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

fearless, fearless

Louis' POV
—————————————————

"Just remember that what ever happens in there, we are on your side." Liam says before we walk onto the room.

All of us nod. I squeeze Harry's hand one last time.

I have dealt with many homophobes, a city full of them actually. One small office full isn't going to scare me away.

To be honest though, I am kind of terrified about what they are going to do. No matter how many bigots I meet, I still worry that they will use more than just words to hurt me.

When we step inside a large conference room. There are eight people already seated. One of which is the lady who I saw when I first met Harry.

The boys just sit down. Harry and I on the end, Liam beside Harry, and Zayn beside him. Niall on my other side.

I recognize the man at the other end of the table from when the boys were on Xfactor.

Simon Cowell.

"I assume you all know why you are here?" He says. His voice is loud and demanding. Just as incredibly irritating as I remember.

The lads just nod. I can tell that none of them are going to say anything, so I speak up.

"Why exactly is it that I'm here?" I ask boldly.

"Well, you Mr. Tomlinson" He pauses readjusting in his chair to look directly at me. "have impacted the bands image."

"And how has he done that exactly?" Niall speaks up. "All he has done is hang out with Harry and the rest of us."

"Surely you are aware of the state of twitter at the moment." Niall puts his head down. I can tell he was only trying to help. Simon returns his attention back to me. "Most of them talking about your sexuality."

"They would have found out eventually." I say shrugging.

"Found out what? That you're a fag?" The other people in the room besides the lads and Harry snicker.

I can feel Harry stiffen next to me. I put a hand on his knee under the table, in an attempt to calm him. I see him take a deep breath. He makes I contact with me, silently asking if I'm okay. I give him a small, almost invisible nod.

"Yes they would have found out that I am gay." I answer Simon, not reacting to the word he used.

My lack of reaction seems to puzzle both him and the other people in the room. They clearly have no idea that I have grown up hearing that word constantly. To the point that is doesn't really affect me anymore.

"No they wouldn't have we can just cover it up." Simon insists. The other people start whispering.

I smirk, at this. They clearly have no idea that I am already very, very open with my sexuality. "You see Simon, that's where you are wrong."

The room goes silent in an instant. I guess no one has said that to him before. He looks uphold.

"Excuse me?" His face calm, but his tone shows fury.

"I said you are wrong," I repeat. "you can't cover that up."

He looks at the other people in the room. Giving me the fakest smile I have ever seen. "And why would that be?"

"Because I wrote a novel about my coming out, about me being gay." I say. The smile leaves his lips. I continue, speaking as though I am talking to a child. "Anyone with my name and access to google could figure that out. The only reason it came out sooner is because a pap shouted it at me when I was with Harry. So if you want to get mad at anyone get mad at the man who shouted it out into a crowd of people with cameras."