Chapter 17

not even the gods above

Harry's POV
—————————————————

When I walk back out of the recording studio, the lads and Louis are all sitting on the couches, laughing.

I'm really glad they are getting along. I know Louis was nervous to meet them, but he didn't need to be. They already liked him from what I had told them about him.

Louis' back is facing me, so I sneak up behind him and wrap my arms around him. He freezes and then relaxes into my hold.

"Hey angel." I whisper.

"Hello baby." He says back. I blush red, as I'm sure that the lads all heard him call me that. "How did the recording go?"

"Pretty good." I answer, pushing my face into the side of his neck. There is a love bite still visible there, I want to kiss it but the lads are watching and I don't want to make Louis uncomfortable.

I loosen my hold on him and walk around the couch. Then I plop myself in his lap. He immediately wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer, my face in his chest. I smile to myself. I always feel safe in his hold. I wonder if he feels safe in mine.

I hear snickering from around the room.

"Oi," Louis says loudly. "No laughing at my baby."

The laughing stops. I look out from his chest at the other lads, they are all smiling at us. Niall also happens to be taking a picture of us.

"We're sorry, Louis, it's just," Niall starts looking at the other lads. "Harry looks so cute. He never acts like this around us."

I pout, Louis kisses my cheek making me blush and smile brightly.

"See," Niall says pointing at us. "cute."

I guess I never do act like this around the lads. Which is weird I have always felt comfortable to be myself around them. I guess I act a bit different around Louis. But not a bad different. A good different.

"Louis, mate," Zayn says shaking his head. "the way you are looking at Harry."

The other lads all nod in agreement. "You lot are whipped." Liam says before standing up and going into the recording booth.

"Niall you know you can't post that anywhere right?" I say nodding to the phone in Niall's hand.

"What? Why? You guys look so cute." Niall whines in protest.

"Open twitter and you'll see." Louis answers. Niall frowns and opens opens it on his phone.

"Oh dear god!" He exclaims.

"What?" Zayn asks, standing up. Niall turns his phone to Zayn.

"Jesus!" He says when he looks at Niall's phone. "Larry Stylinson is trending world wide, what the fuck?"

I look at Louis. I wonder how all of this is going for him. I know being around us, and specifically me, is giving him a bunch of attention. He is giving me a small smile.

"Is all this okay with you?" I ask cautiously. I can feel the other two looking over at us now.

Louis takes deep breath before answering with a cheeky smile. "It's like I said the other day in the cafe. I don't care what people say when we're together."

I smile, and lean up to kiss his cheek. I can tell that it is bothering him a little more than he lets on. But at least he is trying. At least he hasn't been scared away yet.

And then the moment is broken by Niall saying "Awwwwe" Zayn hits him in the back the head and we laugh.

For the next few hours we talk while we take turns recording.

Louis stays wrapped around me and every once and a while I catch him just gazing at me. When I do he looks away blushing and I kiss his cheek which makes him blush even more.

We are all laughing and having fun. Everyone is getting along.

I shouldn't have been surprised that it wouldn't last for long. I just wish it could have.

Liams phone is ringing. As second ago where we all laughing. His smile fades when he sees the name. He composes himself before picking up.

"Hello." I can hear that someone else is talking on the other end. Their voice is loud and demanding. Liam swallows and stiffly says, "okay". Before hanging up and looking me in the eye.

I instantly know what this is about. I should have know it wouldn't be long before this happened. They were quiet for so long and now. Now, when everything is starting to get good, the come in a ruin it.

"They want us down there as soon as possible." Liam says. Then looks at Louis. "Louis too."

My eyes are wide. No no no no no no, is all I can think. I don't want them to make him sign it too. I don't want this to be the way it ends.

The other lads just nod and stand up. Louis can tell that I'm not okay. He holds me tightly.

"Um," He says looking at the other lads. "I'm going to talk to Harry for a second, okay?"

They nod in understanding before leaving us alone.

He pulls me closing into his chest. Rubbing his hands on my back, it's almost calming me. Almost.

"Hazza, baby, can you look at me?" I hesitantly look up into his eyes.

He cups my cheeks. I know he can see the tears about to fall, but he doesn't mention them.

He is rubbing his thumbs over my cheeks looking into my eyes. Just like the day we first met. They day when he saved me. The day when I thought my life was going to get just a little better.

"I'm not going leave." He says simply.

I shake my head. I few tears start to fall. "But what if they say something to make you wan to leave. What if they do-"

"Shhhh," He shushes me pulling me back into my chest. "Hazza, baby, you need to take a deep breath."

I take a deep shaky breath like he said.

"I'm not going anywhere." He says again. "And no grumpy old man in a big office is going to scare me away."

I nod into his chest. He doesn't want to leave. He isn't going to leave yet. He holds me in his chest for a few more minutes. I take another deep breath and look back up into his eyes.

"Come on, we don't want to be late." He says grabbing my hand.

—————————————————
You guys liking it so far?

I have been working on this story so much, not even doing any of my schoolwork lmao.

I should probably do that...

My mum thinks I am doing english schoolwork whenever I'm writing this ✌️

tpwk ❤️❤️