Chapter 42

Too much is never enough

Harry's POV
——————————————————

"You ready?" I ask Louis quietly.

"No," He breaths out a chuckle, looking down instead of at me.

We are sitting in the back of the car, almost at the venue. The other lads are talking amongst themselves, I think they can tell that Louis and I are in our own world.

I take Louis' hand in my own, making him look into my eyes. "It'll be alright angel. I'll be there the whole time, okay?"

He takes a deep breath, closing his eyes. I can sense some his nervousness dissipating but not entirely.

"Okay." He whispers and opens his eyes.

"We're here." Paul shouts back at us.

I squeeze Louis hand, telling him I'm here. I can feel the other lads looking at us but at the moment I don't really care.

They get out first.

"Here we go." Louis says dropping my hand.

I get out of the car, instantly met with bright flashes. I hear screaming too, its all very loud. I'm used to it by now, and it helps knowing Louis is here with me. I know he is nervous about all the cameras but I know that if I need him, Louis will be there for me.

"Harry! Harry! Look this way!"

"Harry! Face me!"

"Wait! Who else is in the car?!"

"Harry! Did you bring a date?!"

"Who is it!?"

I turn and see Louis step out of the car. The flashes and the screams get louder. Even more questions thrown in our direction.

Louis looks a little disoriented. I take hold of his arm to steady him, the paps get impossibly louder. I ignore them and focus on Louis. He smiles at me, mouthing a thank you. I smile in return.

I let go of his arm even though I feel as though it is steadying me more than him. We stand to take pictures. I stand with the boys and Louis stands by himself.

He has this confidence in his stance that I admire. If I didn't know any better I would say he seems comfortable.

I turn to look at the lads again to find, Niall looking at me intently.

"Go stand with him." He says quietly.

"I wish I could." I mutter. "Management will eat me alive, I already didn't listen to their clothing choice."

"Then bring him over here." He suggests.

Liam seems to have caught our conversation. "We should all go over to find." He whispers.

Niall's eyes brighten, and I smile. I like that they want to include Louis. I'm glad that they like him. I'm glad they trust him.

I nod. We all starts to move over to Louis. The cameras are clicking more furiously, and everyone gets louder.

Louis looks over to us to see what happening. I can see relief flash over his face.

Fuck it, I think and I wrap an arm around Louis waist.

"We thought we'd join you." I tell him.

"Thank you," he speaks softly. "I thought I was going to pass out."

"Then I'd get to return the favour." I giggle and he chuckles.

We walk the rest of the carpet before going inside. We all breath out in relief. None of us like walking to red carpet, there are too many people. Too many flashes and too much noise.

"The hard part is over." Zayn chuckles. We all nod in agreement.

"Do we think they have food here?" Niall says, and we all staring laughing.

- - - - - - - - -

We mingle for a bit in a back room, I know there are fans out there. Before I used to be one of them, now I am on this side of the curtain. It's strange to think about.

"Alright, everyone is here. You can go out now." Katlyn says, stepping into the room. Everyone nods, she scans the rooms as though she is looking for someone.

Her eyes land on Louis and I standing next to each other. She walks over, I tense suddenly very anxious and self copious. I feel Louis' fingers brush along the back of my hand, reminding me that I am here.

"When the boys walk out you must stand to the side." She speaks to Louis, not me. "You can stand on the same side as Harry, but you need to be far apart. No touching. You can talking but no flirting and no pentanes."

"I'll take your request into consideration." Louis answers. I try to hold in a laugh at the face she makes in response.

She sends me a glare before walking away. I breath, but the stare after her in shock.

"She didn't say anything about my clothes." I mutter, surprised.

"Who cares what she thinks? You look stunning baby." Louis whispers kissing my cheek. I feel my cheeks heat up at the compliment.

"Now," He says, tucking a strand of loose hair behind my ear. "Are you okay with me calling you baby in front of everyone out there?"

My heart flutters a little. He really is only doing things if I'm okay with it. It makes me smile widely at him.

"More than okay." I answer, wrapping an arm around his waist. He smiles back.

I lean in to whisper in his ear. "Can I keep calling you angel?"

I feel him shiver as I pull back, a light blush now covering his cheeks. "Of course, baby."

"Oi, lovebirds get your asses over here!" Zayn shouts. I unwrap my arm form Louis waist, instantly missing the feeling of his body against mine. At least I know he will be close.

"Get ready for the screaming." Niall warns smiling. We all chuckle, knowing he is right.

I take a deep breath, looking over at Louis once more before Liam opens the door and we step out.

——————————————————
Hiiii

here is another very short chapter 😅

yes i am writing this instead of doing school work, and no i do not regret it at all.

i hope you are all doing well

tpwk ❤️❤️