Chapter 49

even if you scream and shout

Louis' POV
—————————————————

We have been on the road for quiet some time now. There is only one month of tour left. I have loved being on tour with the boys. We always have so much fun and we have been working hard on their next album.

We are in a studio space right now, for a talkshow interview. The boys will be going on in a few minutes. I left to go to the toilet a little bit ago and now I'm looking for Harry.

I see Katlyn talking to him. I hope everything is okay. I can see something like hurt flash across his face but it disappears in an instant. She walks away and I go over to him.

"You alright love?" I ask.

He nods, I know he is lying. I'll ask him when we are alone again. I don't want to cause him unnecessary stress by pestering him.

"You will be amazing as usual." I say instead. Adjusting the collar of his shirt. "And you look incredibly fit and completely gorgeous at this precise moment."

I see a glimpse of a smile. Good. I don't want him going out there feeling whatever nonsense Katlyn told him he's worth.

A man comes over to give Harry's his mic pack, telling him they have to go on soon.

"Go out there be incredible, and then we will have a movie day in the hotel okay?"

Harry actually smiles this time, but still only nods instead of speaking. He is then called on stage, I give him one last hug before he walks out.

The fans in the live audience scream in excitement when they see the boys. I remember when I would freak out like that about anything and everything they did. The way things change is very strange.

"So boys, you lot have been very busy lately. Tour is almost over, how's that going?" The interviewer, some British talk show host that I know nothing about asks.

"Amazing, its incredible to see how much the fans are enjoying it." Niall answers.

"Yeah everyone seems to be loving it." Liam adds. The audience starts clapping, to show they agree with Liam.

"Of course they are enjoying it!" The host laughs. "Now I don't know if you are aware but the world has been talking about something rather specific recently..."

I can't really hear the interviewer speaking anymore. I am to focused Harry who looks like he is panicking. I think the other boys are noticing too. I can hear him hyperventilating.

The audience and the interviewer have noticed too. The boys are trying to calm him down, but it isn't working. Niall looks over at me, and I know that this will ruin everything but he needs my help.

I rush forward on to the stage, Katlyn tries to stop me but I don't let her. As soon as I am in front of Harry the boys back off a little bit.

I crouch in front of him. He is hunched over, his head hanging low hair hanging in view of his face. His breaths coming out uneven and quick. Too quick.

I rest a hand on his cheek trying to get him to look at me. His cheek is damp and I know he is crying.

"Hazza, look at me." I whisper.

He shakes his head. "They will see."

"Don't focus on them focus on me." I answer softly when I hear his voice crack.

He looks up a little, I give him a reassuring smile. He still isn't looking me in the eye, his gaze his focused on something just past me. Tucking a strand of hair behind his ear, so I can see his face.

There are silent tears running down his cheeks. He cheeks red and blotchy. I wipe a tear away, with the pad of my thumb.

"You're alright baby, focus on me." I whisper.

I can hear people whispering around me, but I don't focus on them I focus on Harry.

"She-" Harry starts but then takes a deep breath as his voice cracks. "she called me a-" He closes his eyes and shakes his head like he can't say it. He doesn't need to, I already know.

I turn to the stage crew. "Turn off his mic." I say calmly.

Katlyn steps forward. "That won't be necessary." She speaks to the crew before turning to Harry. "Stop making a scene."

Red hot anger boils over and shoots through my vains. I stand up. Katlyn looks to me her expression stoic, emotionless as always.

"Making a scene? Are you fucking kidding me?" I hear a few gasps, I ignore them and focus on her.

"Yes, Mr Tomlinson, making a scene. He is making a big deal over nothing. And you are making matters worse."

"I'm making them worse? We wouldn't even be in this situation if you hadn't said anything. And just because I have called you all out on your shit does not mean that I have made anything worse." I glance at the stage crew, then at Harry then back at to Katlyn.

"As for me telling them to turn off his mic. I think you would prefer if what you said to him wasn't on tape. Am I correct in thinking that?"

I single flash of emotion spreads across her face. A momentary glimpse of humanity. Fear.

She must know that what she said is wrong. Or else she wouldn't be fearful about others knowing she said it.

"That's what I thought." I say calmly. "Now I think we will be leaving now. Unless you think it's a good idea to keep filming with him in this state?"

Her eyes flicker to Harry, then to the crew and live audience. Finally landing on me again.

"Take him, and only him." She said.

I turn my attention back to Harry. He is still looking down. Tears still streaming down his face.

"Come on love." I gently touch his cheek. "We are getting you out of here."

His eyes make contact with mine, finally. He gives me a slight nod and I move to help him get up. I walk with an arm around his waist, holding him close. We walk right past Katlyn.

She grabs my arm. "I hope you know what you've done. They won't let you stay after this."

I yank my arm out of her grip, walking Harry out of there and away from her.

—————————————————
So it's been a while 😅

How are you all doing? The world has been kinda crazy huh?

I hope you liked this chapter, I think you can guess why I have been holding it off. I like it when the story is all cute and fluffy, but then they're would be no plot line...

I love you all. Stay safe and happy holidays.

tpwk❤️❤️