Chapter 36

feeling good in my skin

Harry's POV
——————————————————

We had Paul pick us up in the car, he said he would come with us incase fans decided to mob us. I gave him a pleading look wanting it to just be me and Louis but he insisted. However he did say we would keep his distance, so at least that's something.

The drive to the mall is pretty long, but we spend the whole time talking with Paul. He and Louis get into a very animated discussion about football. Louis is waving his hands about, talking loudly. With a smile prominent on his face.

I do know a little bit about football, but I would rather watch Louis enthusiastically talk about it. I have noticed that his eyes light up every time he talks about something he finds interesting.

Let me tell you, it is absolutely beautiful. I get lost in his eyes anyways, but when they are this bright I can't help but stare.

"Okay," Paul says turning to look at us when we finally get to the shopping centre. "I will keep my distance so you guys won't have me looming over you at all times."

Louis and I nod. "If I am busy keeping fans away and you want to go into a store, make sure that I know where you are going. And please for my sanity don't run off like idiots."

This makes Louis and I laugh. "No promises." Louis smirks before opening the car door.

When we first walk in a few people look at us, they don't start screaming though. I mean I knew there would be at least a few people who recognized me, it is a Saturday afternoon in the middle of August.

"Food?" I turn to ask Louis.

"Food." He nods in agreement.

We end up getting McDonalds, Louis orders first and I order after with the intention of paying for both of ours. Before I can though Louis hands the cashier the money.

"Heyy." I say, pouting at him.

"What?" He says looking innocent.

"I was going to pay." I whine.

He laughs. "I don't know where you got that idea from, Hazza."

I pout again. "Why won't you let me pay?"

He smirks. "Two reasons. One, I asked you so I am paying. And two," He leans in to whispering my ear. "I want to get something for my baby."

His breath is tickling my neck, I shiver, turning bright red. I'm sure the cashier notices because he smirks. "I don't think you are going to win this one, mate." He says.

"You are right about that." Louis says to him, smirking at me and taking the receipt.

We stand off to the side waiting for our number to be called. I am standing behind Louis, resting my chin on his shoulder.

I am aware of all the cameras on us right now but I don't pay them any mind. I am on a date with my boyfriend and nothing can ruin that.

We are still waiting for the food when a girl tries to come up to us. Paul stops her, I told him before that I didn't really want people coming up to us asking for pictures and signatures.

It is our first official date I guess. So I don't want the weirdness of my life to affect it to much. I know is inevitable though.

"Harry isn't taking pictures today, sorry." I hear Paul say.

"Harry? Who's that?" Louis and I look over at the girl. "I thought Louis Tomlinson wrote Finding My Mind?"

Louis and I look at each other and burst out laughing, Paul has the most confused expression on his face. The girl looks over, hurt written across her features.