Chapter 43

when you're lost, I'll find a way, I'll be your light

Louis' POV
——————————————————

I step back and let the boys be engulfed in the crowd of fans. Far enough to not be in the way, but close enough to get to Harry if he needs help.

I know the reason he passed out isn't because of fans, but the crowd could trigger the memory. I don't want to take my chances. And I may feel more calm when I am closer to him. Possibly. Okay definitely.

I hear Harry say my name and I look up. He is smiling while glancing over at me. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"I promise he is not scary, you can go say hi." Harry says to a young girl.

I can tell she is really nervous when she walks over.

"Um, hi." She says softly.

"Hello," I smile at her reassuringly.

"I-uh... I really liked your b-book." She stutters.

"You've read my book?" I ask sounding surprised. I have met way more people who have read it recently, I wonder why.

"Yeah, It uh..." She pauses tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "It really helped me. Still does."

She says the last part quietly. "That's good to hear."

"Did, umm, did the stuff you right about actually happen."

"Yes." I nod, giving her a small smile. "Sometimes it was really hard, but look at me now."

"Yeah," Her voices cracks. "Sometimes it is really hard." I see tears well up in her eyes. I rush forward.

"Don't cry, love." I open my arms for a hug. "Come here."She wraps her arms around my shoulders. Sometimes people just need a hug.

A few people look over at us. I am slowly getting more comfortable with people watching me. Not really though. I don't think anyone could ever be truly comfortable with people watching their every move.

"What's your name?" I ask, quietly when she has calmed down.

She pauses for a moment.

"Nate," She says it like it's something stuck to the bottom of her shoe.

"Do you like it?" I ask quietly. She pulls back, looking down.

"No, I prefer Natalia." She answers shyly.

"Thats a really pretty name, it suits you."

"Thank you." She looks kind of embarrassed. "Sorry for crying on you. Sometimes it just hits me that I'm not at the light at the end of the tunnel yet."

"Hey it's alright. I get it." She is holding not my arms. "Sometimes I just needed to cry too."

She nods a little. Looking down at her arms. That's when I see her scars.

"You know, I didn't write about everything that happened." She looks up into my eyes.

I twist my hold, so I can run my thumb along my forearm. "Somethings were a little to personal. A little to hard to write about."

She seems to understand what I am saying. She looks a little surprised, but doesn't say anything.

"What's your instagram?" I ask her. She stutters out her handle and I pull out my phone to follow her. "If you ever need someone to talk to just message me okay?"

She nods wide eyed. "It can be about anything, okay?" She nods again. "Alright, I think they are going to be starting the fun stuff soon so I suggest you head back over there."

She smiles, thanking me and hugging me before walking away.

"She seemed sweet," I hear a voice from behind me say. I turn and see Eleanor behind me.

"El? What are you doing here?" I ask hugging her.

"Harry invited me." She says as though it is obvious.

I chuckle, shaking my head. "We haven't talked in a while. How have you been?"

"Pretty good, nothing new." She looks over at Harry who is taking pictures with a group of very shy girls. "You're going to miss him when he goes on tour."

"Yeah," I say, gazing over at him. "He asked me if I wanted to go with him, but I said no. I can't-what?"

I stop talking because Eleanor is giving me a look of complete and utter disbelief.

"Are you insane?" She asks.

"What? No." I ask confused.

"Louis when your boyfriend asks you if you want to travel the world with him for almost a year, you say yes."

When she says it like that I get her point. "But I can't just leave you to take over the cafe, that would be completely unfair."

"Louis," She says taking a deep breath, as though I am testing her patience. "If you do not go, so help me god, I will murder you."

I laugh. "Okay, okay. I'll tell him."

"Good," She says.

We just stand there for moment. Then she give me an expectant look.

"Oh you meant right now?"

"Of course I meant right now. Go!" She shoos me off laughing.

I slowly make my way over to Harry. When he sees me walking towards him, we lock eyes. I step behind him, so I'm not in the way of the fans trying to get his attention.

"Can I speak with you for a moment?" I whisper. He nods and follows me a little ways away from the girls, much to their dismay.

"What is it? Are you okay?" He asks sounding worried.

"I'm alright baby don't worry, I just spoke with El." I calm him down. He looks a little confused. I can't stop smiling. "She says I'm an idiot."

He giggles., looking down. "For what?"

"For saying I can't go on tour with you."

He looks up at me again and I can see his eyes brighten before my very own. "Does that mean..."

"That I'll go with you? Yes."

He pulls me into a tight hug. "I wish I could kiss you, angel."

Butterflies erupt in my stomach at his words. How does he do that? I pull back from the hug.

"Save that for later baby," I say with a a wink. And with that I walk away knowing that Harry is definitely blushing.

——————————————————
Another update!!

I'm so proud of myself, updating twice in one week 😁😁

it is all thanks to LLL_clouds your comments made me want to keep writing.

I hope you guys liked this update, all the love always

tpwk ❤️❤️