Chapter 58

it was always you

Louis' POV
—————————————————

"Good luck Louis!" Eleanor calls to me from the from door of her building.

I wave back to her, smiling and mouthing a thank you.

The second I get in the cab that was waiting for me on the road in front of her building, I give the driver directions and we speed off.

I open my phone, knowing I should do this sooner rather than later. I take a deep breath before clicking one button and closing my eyes.

I close the app and open twitter. I type out a message, paste the link and take another deep breath before hitting tweet.

I immediately lock my phone not wanting to see what people are saying quite yet.

"You alright back there?" The man driving my cab asks.

"Yeah," I smile slightly. "I think I'm good."

He raises an eyebrow at me in question, I can see it in the rear-view mirror.

"I'm trying to apologize to someone," I explain. "I won't know if he saw it until I get there though." 

"Ah," He smiles out at the road. "Well good luck then."

"Thank you."

Harry's POV
—————————————————

"Harry!" Liam calls.

I turn to him, stopping on my way back to my room after dinner.

"I think you should see this." He goes to hand me his phone. "It's Louis."

I push the phone away. "No."

Liam frowns. "I don't want to see another video of him drunk, I've already seen two. I don't want to see him hurting anymore." I explain.

"Harry wait!" Liam calls after me as I walk away. I ignore him, going back to my room.

I can't deal with another drunken video. The last one I saw hurt even more than the first. He thinks I hate him. How could he ever think that?

All I do is miss him. Day and night, my brain is just LouisLouisLouis.

I sit in the chair in my room facing the window. The view is beautiful, maybe it might help take my mind off things. More likely it will draw attention to the things I am trying to avoid thinking about.

I glance at my phone. If there is another video of him drunk everyone will be tagging me. It won't take very long for me too find it.

Maybe it's not that bad, maybe he's okay.

I ignore every part of my mind telling me not to look and open my phone.

Clicking on twitter, I see immediately that I am tagged over a million times to a single tweet.

I click on it and my breath catches.

@Louis_Tomlinson
I have had a lot of words floating around in my head of what I should say, here's one of the ways I decided to tell you. Louis x

There is a link attached to the tweet. I take a deep breath before clicking on it.

I place my phone, face down, on the windowsill in front of me and let the sound of Louis voice fill my ears.

I went to Amsterdam without you
and all I could do was think about you
and, oh oh oh, I should have known

His voice sounds so beautiful and angelic, it calms me.