Chapter 57

now I'm asking my friends how to say I'm sorry

Louis' POV
—————————————————

"El who is this person who wants to talk to me?" I ask for the millionth time.

Eleanor, again for the millionth time, answers saying. "I can't tell you that and I won't need to once you see them."

We are waiting for a car at the airport. I don't know why Eleanor won't let me call us a cab. It would be here so much faster.

"At least tell me they will be here soon, whoever this person is." I whine. "My legs hurt."

"Well you won't have to wait much longer." She grins.

I look around to see what she could possibly mean. A sleek black car pulls up in front of us. A tall man wearing a suit steps out and comes over to us.

"Mr Tomlinson, Mrs Calder." The man nods to us as he says our names. "She is waiting in the car, you will be back in time for your flight back to London."

"Um actually," Eleanor cuts in. "It will just be Louis speaking to her. They have a lot to talk about and I don't want to get in the way."

"Very well, Mr Tomlinson right this way." The man says.

"Uh one second," I turn to Eleanor. "What is going on? Why aren't you coming with me?"

"I told you someone wants to talk to you. She dmed me and there is no way in hell that I'm letting you skip out on this."

"I don't understand." I groan. "You aren't making any sense."

"You'll understand once you get in the car." She smiles. "Now get your ass in there. I'll see you back in London."

"Wait El!" I call after her but she has already walked away. "Or not." I sigh.

I turn back to the man. "Are you ready now Mr Tomlinson?"

"Uh, yes." I answer stiffly. I don't like being called Mr Tomlinson, it makes me feel old.

"Right this way." He opens to door of the car and I send him a someone confused smile as I step in.

"From what Harry told me about you I had a feeling you would put up a fuss about getting in a car with a stranger." A woman voice says.

I look up and see none other than Taylor Swift sitting in the car next to me.

"Uh, hi." I say awkwardly.

"Hello," She smiles. "It's nice to meet you. Sorry I didn't step out of the car, I didn't want to cause a scene."

"I-" I open and shut my mouth not really knowing what to say. "Uh, I'm incredibly confused."

"I'm sure you are, as are the rest of us." She laughs, the car starts moving.

"Where are we going? What's going on?" I ask.

"We are going to a cafe not to far from here," She says looking out the window. "Don't worry you'll be back in time for your flight."

"Can you please tell me what's going on." I ask dumbfounded.

"You tell me," She says, looking back at me. "How could you possibly leave the most perfect man on the planet and what on earth are you going to do to get him back?"

- - - - - - -

"So what are you going to do?" She asks me once we have sat down.

I shrug. Taking a sip of my tea and looking away from her.

"What is it?" She asks.

I sigh looking at her. "I don't know if I'm going to do anything."

"What?" She whisper shouts. "Why on earth would you not try to get him back?"

"Because he probably doesn't want me anymore." I snap. Taking a deep breath then continuing in a softer tone. "Because he deserves better than I can give him."

"You're wrong." She says simply. "You didn't really see what he was like before he met you, not really. But Louis, you brightened his whole world."

I look away, tears collecting in my eyes.

"He was so alone and sad, and yes he got better before he met you. But you gave him back his confidence. You-" she stops her self sighing. "You showed he how to be brave, and strong, and true to yourself in a way that he would have never done without you."

I look back to her, a tear running down my cheek. "You are the better that he deserves."

I open my mouth to speak. "And don't say that he doesn't want you anymore, because he does."

I give her a confused look. She shrugs. "I spoke with Niall yesterday." She leans forward whispering softly. "He loves you, and he still wants you."

I close my eyes, letting more tears fall down my cheeks. "I miss him."

"Can I ask why you left?" She asks softly.

I take a deep breath. "Because I was afraid of what they would do to him if I stayed."

She shakes her head, her eyes filled with tears too. "You should have been worried about what they would do once you weren't there to stop them."

My stomach drops, I look up into her eyes. "You were the only that ever called them out, once you left it went right back to the way it was."

I look down biting my lip. "Is he- what is-" I take another deep breath trying to calm myself. "Is he okay?"

Taylor pull back a little, looking down at the tea in her cup. "He wasn't doing very well, but they boys say he's better now."

I look away. I can't believe I didn't think of what they would do if I wasn't there. I guess I thought that me being there made it worse for him. I can see now that I was wrong.

"I don't know how to tell him I'm sorry." I whisper.

"Give it time, there's no need to worry." She reaches forward to touch my hand. "Soon the lights will turn on and everything with be okay again." It will all work out in the end."

- - - - - - -

I stare out the window as the plane takes off. I still don't know what to do. I have all these words floating around in my head that I want to say to him.

I take out my notebook, flip to an empty page and start writing. I don't stop writing until the plane lands. I get off following behind everyone else, keeping my head down.

I pick up my bag and go wait for a cab. After giving directions to El's flat I pull out my phone.

I hold the phone up to my ear and wait for the ringing to stop. I don't expect him to pick up but he does.

"Wait before you say anything," I take a deep breath. "I need your help."

—————————————————
we are getting closer to the end of this story...

tpwk ❤️❤️