LV

Running through the busy streets as quickly as you could, you hoped you'd arrive at the park just in time for (Y/n)'s — or now, your — meeting with Uncle Henry. Since (Y/n) was sick, she'd probably stay home, thus giving you the perfect opportunity to take her place. Just a few more metres and you would have reached your destination; you pushed your already tired legs to run even faster. Just as you rounded the corner of a grey building, you almost lost your balance in surprise at who you found seated on a bench not too far away from you.

"(Y/n), you look really sick. You shouldn't be out here in the cold," Uncle Henry whispered as he gazed at his poor niece in worry. The shaking girl frowned softly and pulled her scarf closer to her neck, hoping it would shield her from the cold breeze that swept through the park. The older man sighed, his watchful eyes gazing around as all out of a sudden, the feeling of being watched increased. He pursed his lips; he narrowed his eyes. "We're not alone..."

His eyes ran over the area, scanning for anyone listening in on them. Almost out of instinct, your hand rose and thus slowed down the flow of time, buying yourself enough time to find a good hiding place or somewhere you could blend in with the sparse crowd of people. People were busy streaming home; everyone's gaze was glued to their shoes as they minded their own business.

Your thoughtful eyes drifted to the large willow in the corner of the park, which could easily prove to be a great hiding place. Only once you noticed that someone was sitting atop the high tree — veiled behind the soft branches and leaves — did you realise that letting your guard down had been a bad idea. Just in time, you managed to jump behind a tall bush before the other observer could spot you.

Myth almost fell from the branch he was sitting on as a flash of familiar (H/c) entered his peripheral vision. Gasping, his hand quickly latched onto his lips to refrain from making any noise. He couldn't believe his eyes; had that been really you or was his mind playing silly tricks on him again? If he was honest with himself, your voice sometimes spooked around inside of his head. Your imaginary cries and whimpers fuelled the guilt in his already shattered heart. The thought of you fearing him made him want to cry out in despair; all he wanted to do was protect you from harm's way and now, all you needed was protection from himself — literally.

But he had chosen this path and now there was no straying from it.

"Since when are you so paranoid, uncle?" (Y/n) chortled in amusement as she shook her head playfully. The girl — not knowing that she had hit the jackpot — only furrowed her eyebrows in confusion when her uncle shot her a disapproving frown.

"I am... since the heist."

"I hope everyone's safe." (Y/n)'s eyes turned serious once she realised how her comment had been inappropriate. "I didn't mean to—"

"I mean, at least those villains didn't harm you in any way, did they? I would have been devastated if they had captured you and wanted some sort of ransom," Uncle Henry muttered under his breath and shot his niece a comforting smile. The girl nodded, thinking back to how a mysterious girl had saved her from her otherwise certain demise — Avea, was her name.

"Yes, heroes saved me," (Y/n) hummed with a soft smile.

"I'm glad... but, do you know what I wanted to show you inside of the vault before the attack started? Oh and by the way, I'm sorry for locking you into the vault, it's just that..." he muttered, rubbing his temples anxiously. The girl tilted her head to the side in curiosity. "I thought they'd never be able to breach the vault door — which they somehow managed to."

"It's alright..." (Y/n) sighed, desperately wanting to know what he hinted at. "Now, what special thing did you want to show me?"

"Well, I've already told you that your mother used to work on a dangerous project a few years prior to her death," Uncle Henry started, not too sure how to go on. (Y/n) nodded along quietly, a curious smile evident on her lips. "We only found out what she worked on a few days after her death... and it was—" For a moment, he choked on his words.