LX

"What were you doing in my secret facility?"

Silence.

"(Y/n), you're in serious trouble," Uncle Henry seethed through clenched teeth, your quietness not helping his already terrible mood. Squirming in your seat, your nervous eyes gazed around the rather large interrogation room. Aside from the table your uncle and you were sitting at, a small plant in the corner of the room was the only other thing that resembled furniture. Of course, one couldn't forget the large one-way mirror to your right. The angry but worried man in front of you sighed softly, rubbing his temples in frustration. "(Y/n), you're terribly sick, you shouldn't be sitting here right now."

You nodded dejectedly, eyes cast at the bland ground beneath you. His analytic gaze made you squirm in your chair slightly; still, you tried your best to hide how bothered and even scared you were.

"The last time I saw you was when you came to visit me in my office a week ago. I haven't seen you since," he muttered softly, his blue eyes desperately trying to catch your unwilling gaze. "I was going to check up on you yesterday, but once my security staff told me that two intruders had stolen Project N, I never expected those criminals to be my niece and the hero supposed to protect the city."

"I'm sorry..." Those two words somehow made him even more angry, especially since all that followed after them was suffocating silence.

"Why did you do that, (Y/n)? I'm seriously disappointed in you," Uncle Henry muttered with a disapproving tone. "Why were you even there in the first place?"

You bit your lip, knowing you couldn't explain this situation even if you wanted to. He would never understand you're technically not his real niece; the concept of you being from another playthrough would be unbelievable and insane to him. "I can't explain..."

Again, he rubbed his temples tiredly. "Why did Myth turn into a villain? Did you know of it?"

"Not until recently, no," you mumbled under your breath, keeping your answers as vague as possible. "I was surprised, too."

"Where did you hide Project N after stealing it?" Uncle Henry pressed on as he jotted down your rather useless answers. You could consider yourself lucky that the overseer of the prison had allowed Uncle Henry to do this interrogation. They both believed that your uncle could pull more information out of you than the usual interrogator due to your close bond. You didn't answer, only quietly seething in anger, because you hadn't stolen the Project N.

"We didn't steal it," you stated firmly, flaming eyes gazing up for the first time during this interrogation to face him. Uncle Henry was shocked at your sudden change of heart, but decided to go along with it. "Someone else stole it."

Uncle Henry narrowed his eyes. "Who stole it then?"

You pursed your lips again, not too sure how to answer his question. "Myth. But not the one currently in custody."

"Are you... are you implying there are two Myths?" he scoffed slightly, his patience running low. Your evasive answers were starting to annoy him. "How would that even be possible? (Y/n), you're my niece; I love you, but—"

"Technically, I'm not the (Y/n) you know."

"Are you kidding me?!" Uncle Henry jumped up from his seat angrily, slamming his hands down onto the metal table in between you two. You winced slightly, but didn't let your surprise and fear show too much. "(Y/n), did he do something to you? Brainwash you?"

"It depends on which Myth you're talking about," you muttered as you unconsciously wrapped your trembling arms around yourself. "One is good, one is evil..."