LXVI

"Mary? Are you alright?"

"I should be fine now," Degree hummed as she turned around to face the three of you running towards her in worry. She was standing next to the body of her dead brother, saying her last goodbyes before she'd have to leave and finish this once and for all.

"Uhm... we're sorry for what happened," (Y/n) mumbled awkwardly as Degree joined your group of three, the four of you now making your way towards the bridge Syren mended out of sturdy metal parts.

"It's alright." Degree attempted her best at a smile, grateful for (Y/n)'s comforting words. "I... we have something more important at hand."

"Right." You were the first to set your foot onto the construction, wincing slightly as the metal cried at your action. After a few moments of utter fear it would collapse right under your soles, the bridge stopped protesting; you deemed it safe enough to traverse it. Dryly laughing to yourself, you turned back to your other three friends. "I hope all of you can swim... just in case..."

"Don't worry, Mary," (Y/n) began with the intention to cheer up the saddened female. "You can have my swimming wings!"

"Thank you," Degree muttered under her breath, her lips twitching upward for a moment. Taking a deep breath, she ripped her fearful gaze away from the heavy waves that seemingly wanted to consume her alive. You patted her shoulder comfortingly, admiring the strength the heroine must have summoned to even set foot on this make-shift bridge.

"Are you all ready?" Myth asked with a booming voice, trying to be louder than the ocean itself. You nodded sternly, your (E/c) eyes focused on the platform shaped like a ring in the near distance. It seemed like there was nothing in your way — no obstacle or person that would hinder you. That was until someone painstakingly climbed out of the water and onto the bridge.

"Look!" (Y/n) cried out and pointed at the shadowy figure emerging from the waters. "What's that?"

Flopping onto the bridge, the person gulped for fresh air. Ears twitching, Feline's eyes burned in utter rage and annoyance as she turned her head over to the four of you.

"I'm afraid I can't grant you passage over this bridge," Feline exclaimed with a dangerous hiss. She shook her body wildly, trying to get rid of the wetness that had invaded her precious suit. Her whole body was quivering from the coldness of the salty water. "You've made me angry now."

"The little kitten is furious," Degree taunted with a little grin, flicking her hair back cockily. You snickered under your breath at the blonde's joke, evoking another hiss from the already steaming villainess. Biting down onto her tongue, Feline tried to keep her brash insults to herself. Degree noticed, which caused her to only mock her further. "Cat's got your tongue?"

At Degree's comment, Feline wordlessly charged forward at the four of you with what seemed like steam of anger coming out of her ears. Her wrath decreased her accuracy, yet increased her speed and lethality. Barely, (Y/n) managed to jump aside to avoid Feline's sharp claws.

"You've made this personal..." Degree hissed under her breath while she tried her best to restrain the wild cat. Flickers of bloodlust were evident in Feline's slitted eyes as she just attacked without another thought, trying to claw at what was nearest to her. Her fury gave her enough adrenaline to go on with her tiring attacks. She was badly outnumbered and her chances were slim, yet she knew she couldn't give up.

"You can't win this." Myth managed to push her to the ground, his foot digging into her spine. Feline let out a blood-curdling scream as her limbs flailed around on the metal floor of the bridge. Quickly silencing her through adding more pressure with his foot, Feline seemed like she was defeated.