IX

"You know, I made it for her, after all..."

His words were still spooking around in your head, even though they were weeks old. Like a faded whisper, you swore you could hear Mr. Ardor every time you looked at your enchanting necklace. The question of how he knew your mother plagued you more than you liked to admit. Funny, how the world could be so small sometimes — or maybe that was just your world.

"(Y/n)—" an annoyed voice inquired as you were pushed off the bench, making a little gasp escape your lungs. Landing on the grassy ground, you looked up to find Anne's amused eyes blinking down at you. The bright green in her irises seemed to mock you. "Are you listening? You've been a little bit distant recently... did something happen, I wonder."

"No... nothing in particular," you retorted with a pained huff, rubbing your throbbing back. A little scowl inhabited your face as you carefully slid onto the wooden bench again. "Things have been fairly stressful though. Mrs. Abernathy really wants to kill us with all of that homework, doesn't she?"

"Don't kid me, (Y/n)."

"I'm not!" You shook your head while rising to your feet, deciding that maybe now was the time to visit the bathroom. Anne looked almost indifferent, but her green eyes turned into slits for a second. Shrugging, she turned back to her book, playing with strands of her curly purple hair.

"If you say so—" She sighed softly, her long, painted nails clicking against the wooden table. "But you should know that you can always trust me. I'm worried about you, (Y/n)..."

"There's nothing to worry about," you simply said, shooting her a reassuring smile. Making your way through the courtyard, a little wind crawled up your sleeves. The autumn weather was getting to you, a little cold having plagued you since a few days. Shaking your head, a bad feeling arose in the pit of your stomach.

"There's always something to worry about." Anne had an emotionless expression on her face. Her body tensed up as the feelings inside of her caused a storm of uncertainty and conflicting thoughts. How could she be doing this to her only friend? She was a monster, wasn't she? But this is what she had to do in order to accomplish her goals.

Some characters will automatically dislike you for certain decisions you might make.

"Why is my hair looking like a bird's nest?" you asked yourself whilst staring into the mirror above the sink. The girl's restroom was completely empty, the only sound coming from within it was your voice. Raising your hand to start untangling your (H/c) locks, you sensed something eerie. Your head hurt and your voice became rigid. What was happening? Something bad must be going on.

With your one hand grabbing the cold porcelain sink to steady your wavering form, your knees bent down to keep your weight from falling forward. When your vision slowly started clearing once again, you felt relief running through your veins. Your eyes darted to an anomaly lying on the restroom floors — a cream coloured sheet of paper.

Quickly, you reached your arm to the corner to grab the object that had piqued your interest. It seemed a little bit dusty; it must have been a long time since it found its way there. Your hands moved like lightning, folding it open with your (E/c) hues glued to it.

IX.XXII.MMXVII

I feel... so weird. I can sense that something is going to happen; it makes my breath speed up.

My heart beats faster whenever I try to think of it. I don't know whether it's a good or bad feeling. I can't decipher it. It's this strange feeling of some higher being trying to tell you something.