XLVII

"Here is your dessert." Walter sighed, knowing he had lost his chances at succeeding. He bit his lip as two pairs of eyes glanced up at him, both occupants of the table trying to analyse every nook and cranny of his ordinary looking face. Using his bangs to cover his face, he lowered his gaze to the carpeted ground.

"Thank you." Your smile made his heart simultaneously flutter in happiness and tighten in pain.

"Yes, thank you," Myth added, his earlier anger already having subsided. Thanks to Walter's little mistake, he and you had somehow gotten even closer by sharing a plate of pasta. Walter chuckled lowly, eye twitching as he felt the need to wipe that beaming face off of Myth's face.

"No problem." Walter turned around and made his way back to the side-lines. Before he could completely weave through the array of tables, a marvellous woman accidentally bumped into him. The waiter was startled as he profusely offered his apologies to the woman wearing a tight red dress, every curve of her body visible to the public eye.

"Look where you're going, waiter—" the woman drawled angrily as she ushered him away, dark red lips puckered into a little scowl. Walter knew that as a waiter, he couldn't talk back or else their boss would scream at him for offending the guests. So, with an annoyed expression, he walked off.

That was until he recognised that voice; it was that sly cat. A tight chuckle escaped his lips as he waited for the drama to unfurl.

"You're right, this place is magnificent," you mumbled as you spooned more of the delicious chocolate cake into your mouth. This time, the waiter had actually managed to bring each of you your respective desserts. Aside from the weird staff, the food was awestriking. Myth hummed absent-mindedly, his hand with the fork idly hovering in front of his lips as his eyes were trained on the pure white of the tablecloth. Your eyes widened once he let his fork fall onto the porcelain plate, his panicking gaze raising to meet yours.

"It's time—" he whispered in a low tone. Leaning forward, his dessert was seemingly forgotten. You nodded slowly, taking one last bite of your sweet dessert before pushing it away from you. Myth's eyes were serious and anxious at the same time, his palms slowly starting to sweat in fear; what if he failed to protect (Y/n)? He didn't want things to end how they did last time.

You leant to your left slightly, (E/c) eyes trained on the couple sitting not too far away from you and Myth. Your gaze was trained on Logan's hand under the table — or more limply hanging by his side. His back was turned to you, which is why you couldn't see his expression as he slowly lifted the golden necklace up.

"What do we do?" you asked, voice shaking as memories resurfaced once again.

"So, I say we first—"

"Ah, I'm terribly sorry!" All out of a sudden, a radiant woman fell onto Myth's lap, her left arm looping around his neck instinctively. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion when the woman made no attempt to stand up whatsoever. She seemed quite familiar, exuding a dangerous yet alluring aura. You couldn't help but envy the way her long, luscious brown hair shone under the dancing lights of the chandelier. Her large hazel eyes flitted up to meet Myth's eyes, faces too close for strangers to be acceptable.

"Excuse me—" Myth spoke up while trying to push her away from him with furrowed eyebrows. You narrowed your irritated eyes, feeling suspicion and a soft pang of jealousy grasp your heart; this was how Myth must have felt while Walter was flirting with you. The woman giggled seductively, her other hand finding its way to his chest.

"Oh, you are excused, lovely," the female cooed and again, made no attempt to rise from his lap. Myth jerked back at her touch, trying to push her off. She managed to resist, only leaning closer to his ears. "They call me Lilith."