VII

Your legs calmly carried you down the busy street. Your arms swung loosely by your side, your mind off to another plane. Thinking about earlier events today, you couldn't help but wonder why things were getting complicated. You had walked out of the graveyard with more questions than you entered with.

You were always searching,

For something out there~

A soft voice like that of a siren reached your ears, automatically drawing you closer to the source of the sweet lullaby. When your eyes finally got a hold of the mysterious singer, you felt like all the other by-passers didn't exist. The woman's fingers skilfully ran across her guitar, accompanying her silky voice perfectly. Her bright red lips moved elegantly, almost entrancing you to stay.

Out of reach, couldn't stop you,

Couldn't hold you back.

Her eyes were covered by a large sun hat on her curly red hair. You stepped closer, wanting to see her eyes because somehow, she seemed familiar to you. But alas the crowd swept you away, carrying you down the street with them. Her voice faded into an echo the more the distance in between you grew. Once you turned around the corner, her last verse hit your ears.

You were so real, so real...

Moments later, the sweet melody was stuck in your head. Your head bobbed to the inaudible sound of music as you skipped down the street to Marcus' home. A soft smile grew on your face. After that whole affair with Feline, you found it a great thing to be able to hang out with Marcus now.

In the distance, you could already see a cream coloured mansion — the Ardor Residence. Your eyes widened and surprise flooded your veins. You knew that Marcus and Mary were well-off, but you didn't expect them to have a manor. Nervously, you walked across the front porch. Looking around, you found everything to be in perfect order.

Not one stray leaf was poking out from the hedges. The grass was neatly trimmed to a consistent height throughout the plot. Roses were being grown on the right side of the porch, their red vibrancy contrasting the soft cream shade of the house.

Taking a deep breath, your pointer finger was about to press the door bell before you felt a hand land on your shoulder. With a little yelp, you turned around to meet a pair of familiar green eyes.

"(Y/n), what a surprise to see you here," Logan greeted you casually, his black hair looking a little bit dishevelled. He had a goofy smile plastered all over his face and his eyes lit up once you shot him a grin in return. "I take it that you're here for Marcus?"

"And I take it that you're here for Mary?" Your mood turned sour in just a few seconds at the mentioning of the girl's name. Logan's smile turned mischievous, almost as if he liked the tone of your rhetorical question.

"Well, yes. In fact, I am here for Mary," he retorted with a smug grin on his face as soon as he witnessed how your face contorted into a scowl. Humming with acknowledgement, you silently turned back and let your finger press the button under the silver plated 'Ardor'.