XL

"Draw four~ and Uno!" (Y/n) giggled as you pursed your lips in annoyance. She was winning against you, again. You didn't want to lose to yourself another time. With a little huff escaping your lips, you drew four new cards from the stack right between the two of you. She eyed you and wiggled her eyebrows mockingly. "You really are bad at Uno, Avea..."

"Oh, I'm sorry, (Y/n)." It was weird to talk to yourself, even more so than being called some random name you had thought up on the spot. You lazily threw a blue five on the stack, waiting for yet another crushing defeat. (Y/n) eyed you from behind her own deck of cards, one mysterious card remaining in her hand. Another explosion — albeit a little bit weaker — shook the ceiling above you, soft bits of dust raining down onto the two of you. You sighed. "When do you think they'll get through the door?"

"I'm not sure... but I've won!" She threw her last card on the stack, which was a yellow draw two card. Doing a little victory dance, she didn't notice as a giant grin made its way to your face. Pulling up a yellow Uno reverse card, you slowly set it down onto the stack. She continued to dance, repeating, "I've won again~ I'm the best at Uno!"

"Not so fast, dearest (Y/n)." With wicked eyes, you pointed to the card you had just dropped onto the stack. Her eyes widened in shock as she froze in realisation; she hadn't won just yet. "Uno reverse! Pull two—"

Before she could though, another explosion made all the cards fall together into a colourful mess. Quickly, you threw your remaining cards to the ground and pulled (Y/n) up to her feet. Heavy metal collided with the ground; they had managed to destroy the entrance to the vault. Sweat formed on your neck as you looked around. What to do; what to do.

Earlier, you had looked around the vault, trying to perhaps find an alternative exit. But there was none; the ventilation system was closed off. You two had simply given up and decided to play a round of Uno since (Y/n) somehow had the cards with her. One round turned into multiple as you waited for the villains to succeed in blowing up the door.

"It's time to act, (Y/n)." You pulled her through the many shelves, heart beat quickening once you could hear footsteps approaching. The whole vault was so large it could be a labyrinth of tall and never-ending shelves and lockers.

"But Avea," she huffed through gasps for air, "my legs are already hurting from all the running..."

"This is serious..." you whispered, scowling slightly. You didn't remember ever being this whiny. She nodded and bit her lip to prevent any more complaints from escaping. As you pulled her forward, she noticed a hidden door you two hadn't seen before. She shifted her weight, pulling you to a stop with her. You groaned slightly. "What is it this time!? Feline and Shadow are—"

"Avea, look, there's something like a hidden entrance..." (Y/n) whispered, shaking your hand off before she scurried over to the plain looking wall. At least that's what everyone else saw if they didn't look closely. Behind one of the shelves was a well-hidden button. How she had caught a glimpse of the little activator, she herself didn't know. Perhaps it was coincidence, or rather plot convenience.

"Is that a... button?" you inquired, your harsh tone growing softer once you realised she was actually in the right. Quickly following after her, you could only witness with wide eyes as she pressed the little button to reveal a passage once the grey concrete walls had subsided. You hesitated, not sure if it wouldn't be better to try and escape through the vault door instead of going deeper. Yet, you weren't given a chance once you could already hear their voices in the distance.

(Y/n) grabbed you by your hand and pulled you inside before either of you could be spotted. A surprised gasp escaped your lips, but you were thankful nonetheless. The walls sealed the entrance behind you, barely in time to be not noticed by neither of the villains. That was close — too close.