XLV

"I don't like this..." you muttered softly as you stood on the dimly illuminated sidewalk in front of Heaven's Kitchen, patiently waiting for your 'date' to arrive. The flowy dress on your body danced with the wind with every breeze that ran by. The simple (F/c) shade of the gown wasn't as attention-catching as other more vibrant colours, alas it was very fitting for the occasion; blending in with the crowd would prove to be an advantage. You watched how couples of various ages walked past you and entered the luxurious restaurant one after another.

You had made sure to plaster your face with make-up to create the illusion that you were at least five years older than you actually were. Additionally, you didn't want to be recognised by either staff or the couple you were going to spy on.

"Where are you, Logan..." You wrapped your shaking arms around your slightly trembling body in an attempt to shield yourself from the little bit of cold that still remained during spring. Your eyes were trained on the grey concrete ground beneath your black pumps, your feet starting to hurt from standing so much.

"I hate this uniform—"

"I think it's pretty cool, Feline."

"Hush, don't call me that here."

Your ears perked up once they picked up two familiar voices, one belonging to a male and the other one to a female. The conversation originated from a secluded alleyway beside the fancy restaurant, where the trash cans and not so gaudy items remained.

"(Y/n), so what do you think of the restaurant?" Another familiar voice filled your ears, making your head turn to the young couple — (Y/n) and Logan — walking towards the entrance. You bit your lip, not entirely sure who to follow; you had to make sure (Y/n) wouldn't do anything stupid and also prevent Feline and Shadow from causing any trouble.

"It looks very luxurious!" (Y/n) marvelled as her white dress swirled around her knees, her (H/c) hair styled into a beautiful bun. You lost your balance for a second upon laying eyes on the dazzling female; was that truly you? Entranced, you stared after the two — even after they had already entered the posh restaurant.

Who knew white looked so good on you—

"(Y/n)?" a nervous voice piped up from behind you, making you turn around slowly. Your (E/c) eyes almost fell out of their sockets as you laid eyes on Myth, who was dressed in an elegant, black suit with his black hair neatly styled. He was blushing, a little smile gracing his lips once your eyes met. "You look a–amazing, little dove."

"Y-You too..."

You both averted your eyes to the ground, faces dusted a soft red in embarrassment. You had never realised how handsome your best friend was. He in return, had always known you were pretty, but to see you so dolled up in front of him was another story.

"So, how about we get inside?" Myth asked while holding his hand out to you. With a cheeky smile, you gently took up his offer, both of you awkwardly walking to the entrance of Heaven's Kitchen. Somehow, you were much more nervous than you had anticipated; your shaky legs were close to just folding in on themselves.

You shot the male a sympathetic smile as he held the door open for you — like a true gentleman. Inside, a waitress was already waiting to take you to your reserved table.

"Welcome to Heaven's Kitchen! My name is Hannah." The waitress — an ordinary and plain looking woman — smiled as she nodded at the two of you, stepping aside so you could get a good view of the large hall. The crystals on the chandelier danced with the light, casting little spots of white all over the place. The restaurant was truly marvellous; you were in awe as Myth started to converse with the brunette. "Reservation for who?"