LVI

His gloved hand quickly latched onto your mouth before a blood-curdling scream could escape your lips. Your legs were shaking like pudding as your back hit his chest with a little thump. Your hands immediately shooting up to try and remove his arm from you, panic settled inside of you.

"You've escaped long enough—" Myth whispered into your right ear, making a cold shiver run down your spine. He was getting scarier and scarier with every time your paths crossed. Instinctively, you bit down onto his hand, causing him to release you with a little yelp.

You scurried away from the hero. (E/c) eyes widened in horror once you noticed the deranged grin on his lips. And now, his green orbs were tinted with anger at your action. Without wasting another second, you ran away — as fast as your wobbly legs could.

"Where are you going?" Myth drawled as he chased after you. Immediately, you used your powers to slow down the flow of time because you knew the male was much faster than you. You ran straight into the park in hopes of losing him through the many trees, swings and other obstacles littering the grassy ground. Knowing that your only chance at escaping was by staying on ground — where you didn't have a crippling disadvantage, such as in the sky — your eyes flitted around the large area in search for a hiding place.

Myth — having the abilities of a hawk — possessed superior sight and hearing, making him a useful ally but dangerous enemy. You knew there had to be some way to use his own cards against him though; everyone's skills and abilities could be turned against them, if only one was smart enough.

For now, you needed to stall some time to think of your next move. Using your powers, you slowed down time even further to increase the distance between you and your pursuer. Turning around to make sure he wouldn't see you entering your hiding place, you were horrified to find an insane expression on his normally relaxed face.

Realising you were far enough to not be seen entering cover, you zoomed right past a small playground and dove into the leafy shrubbery next to it. Just as your body hit the dry soil, time resumed back to its normal flow.

From the little spots where the sun shone through, you could see Myth coming to a halt in front of the playground. You desperately tried to control your rigid breathing, knowing that his heightened senses would detect you immediately if you weren't careful enough.

"(Y/n)— using your powers against me?" he cooed as his eyes gazed around the area to make sure no one else would be there to witness him catching his little mouse. You lowered your head onto the soil, trying to ignore the roots that poked at your legs and torso. After a little while, you managed to stabilise your breathing.

Myth slowly combed through the playground, attentive eyes staring up the slide — which was a large yellow pipe made out of hard plastic. When he found nothing but lonely darkness up there, he moved to the next object.

And that was when he realised that something was terribly wrong.

His hands latched onto his ears, his green eyes wide in shock all out of a sudden. How come his ears couldn't pick up the faintest rustling of the leaves anymore? Why could he no longer read the little letters that were written on a small sign hundreds of metres away?

"(Y/n)," he hissed in anger, furiously turning around multiple times to look for you, "what have you done to me!? First, stealing my heart and then... my superior senses..."

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion at his words. How had you managed to disable his enhanced sight and hearing? All you did was slow down time — oh, slow down time. So, manipulating time messed with his abnormal senses, overloading them in some unknown way? Luck truly was on your side today.