VI

"I know you're behind that tree, (Y/n)." Feline chuckled as her long tail swished back and forth on the cold ground behind her legs. You held your breath anxiously, your body becoming tense in arising fear. "Come on out, I sharpened my nails just for you, dearest! Don't let them go to waste..."

You dared to peaked out from behind the wall of the old chapel to find the villainess bending down to look behind a hedge far away from your hiding place. The black suit she wore made her look even more intimidating. A lump caught in your throat once she suddenly straightened her back, a paper sheet in her hands.

Curiously, she looked at it with her back turned to you. Your lips parted as you were about to protest against her ripping it apart, her sharp claws cutting through it like butter. You decided against speaking up; your life was more valuable than one piece of paper. "I can't believe people are throwing trash around like that. Ugh, society has no sense of class these days..."

Still, anger cursed through your veins. That could have been one of the pages from the journal you had found in your bag earlier that day — the paper was coloured exact the same soft cream that the other pages were.

However, as you were focused on your rage, you didn't notice how faint footsteps were approaching from behind you. It was only when a hand latched around your mouth, that you jolted out of your thoughts. You were pressed against a strong chest, the mysterious person's arms tightly wrapped around you as you were being pulled away from the distracted villain.

"Shh, be quiet, (Y/n). I'll get you out of here," a male whispered with you in his grip. Your thrashing was to no avail; your kidnapper was much stronger than you. "You can trust me."

Biting down on his hand, you could hear a loud yelp escape his throat before he let go of you. You stumbled away from him, taking a good breath. Your (E/c) eyes widened as soon as you recognised the man — it was Myth, the city's no. 1 hero. Hatred bubbled inside of you; you sent him a despising glare.

"I could have managed this myself." Your hands clenched into fists. Myth looked at you with wide green eyes, confusion and a little bit of annoyance evident in them. Without thinking of the dire situation you were currently in, you let your emotions get the best of you. "I don't need a hero to save me! You're good for nothing!"

Tears were close to running down your cheeks while the male simply stood there, shocked at the words you had just tossed at him. Utter silence consumed the whole graveyard, not even the dead daring to whisper amongst themselves.

"Oh, I agree, dear." Feline chuckled as she laid an arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer to her. It was only in that moment that you realised your grave mistake. Panic settled in once you dared to look to your left to find her amused green eyes twinkling mischievously. "And well, did I hear right? Little (Y/n) doesn't want to be a damsel in distress? I guess it's a little bit too late for that now, isn't it?"

"Let her go! She has nothing to do with this," Myth exclaimed; you could see the worry in his eyes. You found yourself caged between the villain and the hero. You clung onto your necklace, not daring to move even an inch. "You've always had a lot of pleasure in tormenting civilians, didn't you, Feline? She has nothing you want."

"Oh, but this is where you're wrong." She smiled while wiggling her pointer finger teasingly. Myth looked at you for a moment, trying to search for an answer in your scared (E/c) orbs. "She has something I want — and I take what I want."

"Just let her go," Myth growled angrily. He straightened his back, ready to strike in case he needed to. The cat only clicked her tongue at the hawk.

"You're dead, little hawk... along with your girlfriend," Feline announced whilst she gently ran one of her claws along your neck, drawing a little bit of your blood. Your breath hitching, you squinted your eyes shut from the stinging sensation. Myth looked pissed beyond comprehension, but he kept his calm; he knew that Feline was simply provoking him.