XXI

"(Y/n), you don't need to worry," Uncle Henry repeated and shook your shoulders with a comforting look in his normally distant blue eyes. You nodded slowly as if you were somewhere else. Your gaze ran past him and barely took in the kitchen counter behind him. Uncle Henry looked desperate, clueless on what to do next. His normally straight back was hunched over; his neat hair looked messy. "I'll make sure she won't be able to get you. I'll talk to the mayor, we'll have to explain this to the masses."

"Thank you, Uncle Henry," you mumbled with your eyes closed as he planted a gentle kiss on your forehead. He let go of your shoulders, hesitantly leaving your apartment. When the doors clicked, you were still frozen in place. "Thank you so much for everything..." you whispered, voice cracking as the tears started to pour down your cheeks.

With your vision blurred, you slowly sank down into your trusty old couch. Leaning against the cushions, you wanted to disappear in them. Your heavy sobs rang through your living room, your chest heaving up and down. Your mind still couldn't comprehend what Syren had done. You never thought she'd be as cruel as to set the whole city against you. Sooner or later, they'd be out for you in order to protect themselves and their loved ones.

You tried to sit up, but instead found your palm landing on a piece of paper instead of the couch. The crunches of the paper under your hand made your hues turn to its source.

"Another page? I haven't seen those in a while," you said to yourself as you carefully unfolded the cream coloured page from the mysterious diary you had found months ago. A fond smile appeared on your lips as your curious eyes took in the words.

XI.I.MMXVII

He really is a sweetheart, he's always on my mind. And simultaneously, a hero seems to have popped out of nowhere. I don't think my opinion on those idiots needs to be stated though.

Anyway, I wanted to visit my parents today, maybe I'll be able to buy some flowers for them. Dad and Mom, I miss you two terribly...

- IV -

Those words — even though they were from another playthrough — reminded you of how Myth and you had met. Feline wanting your necklace and him saving you even though you hated his guts in the beginning.

Compared to now, all of that seemed so easy — childish almost; but now, things were vastly different. Your mind was strained from the psychological stress it had to endure. With a little sigh, you caught your mind drifting to a time where things were better and easier.

A little knock on your window snapped you out of your thoughts. You wiped your teary eyes with the back of your hand, taking a deep breath in order to calm down your thumping heart. You let the page fall onto your table, giving it one last glance. Rising to your legs to investigate, you found Myth sitting outside your window. With a small smile, you unclasped the locks carefully. He immediately dashed inside, wrapping his arms around you tightly.

You rested your hands on his back, your head wordlessly lying on his shoulder. Myth ran his gloved hand through your (H/c) hair, your scalp burning from his touch. Yet, the feeling of comfort outweighed the pain for once. You closed your eyes and relaxed in his embrace.

"I immediately came after I found out..." Myth whispered softly, his arms tightening around your form. You stayed silent; you didn't have anything to say. He sighed, his voice laced with worry and anger. "I-I never thought she'd do something like this. But I'll protect you, (Y/n). I—"