XLIV

"So, what did you do during the weekend?" (Y/n) asked delicately, looking at her boyfriend sitting across from her. Logan's gaze was empty, trained on nothing in particular as he was thinking of the special character he had met a few days ago. The (H/c)-haired girl frowned slightly when she received no answer from the lately distant male. She hoped that everything was alright — with all of her heart. Then, she tried her luck again. "Logan?"

"Oh—" He snapped out of his trance, bored green eyes finally darting over to the plain girl in front of him. His mind couldn't stop thinking about when he'd catch a glimpse of the magnificent villainess again. (Y/n) pursed her lips, attempting to smile as best as she could. "I'm alright, thanks for asking."

"That's not what..." Her smile wavered slightly as she went back to stoically staring down at her book. Salty tears stung her eyes; she shut her eyelids in overwhelming sadness. Logan's thoughts drifted off to dreamland again, completely ignoring his distraught girlfriend in front of him. "No problem..."

That's not what I asked, (Y/n) thought to herself.

"Yo this is sad..." you whispered to Myth, who could barely watch the couple sitting in the courtyard. The school's corridors were rather quiet; many students had chosen not to come to school because of the sudden rise in criminal activity. You leant against a nearby locker, rubbing your eyes tiredly. It was stressful to be so close to (Y/n) and Logan from the past playthrough without your mask on, but oversized hoodies and such should suffice to keep your identities hidden.

"I wish we could do something," Myth retorted while he covered his burning eyes with his trembling palms. You nodded slowly, crossing your arms as you shifted your weight. With your (E/c) hues trained on the couple sitting outside, you didn't notice how Myth was staring at you, his shaky hand subtly reaching out to you.

"Me too... poor (Y/n). All the painful memories are coming back up again." You rubbed your temples, the familiar scene you were witnessing causing little cracks to form in the dam you had worked so hard to build. Myth carefully reached out for you, resting his hand on your shoulder. Raising your gaze, you stared into his soft green hues. His touch caused a slight tingle. You both looked like you wanted to say something, but were interrupted once (Y/n) rose from her seat in the courtyard.

"I-I think I need to go," (Y/n) managed to stutter out whilst holding in her tears. She stiffly stood up, her book clutched to her chest. Her boyfriend hummed, nodding absent-mindedly before he went back to his daydreaming. He couldn't get the image of her luscious, dark red lips out of his mind — no matter how hard he tried to forget. She had somehow entranced him and made him forget to care about his girlfriend — wait, his girlfriend.

"Wait, (Y/n)!" He jumped to his feet, eyes wide in shock once he noticed how awfully empty the metal chair in front of him was. A beaming smile made its way to his lips once she stopped, startled by his sudden raise in voice. Her eyes immediately brightened up in happiness as he called out to her. Perhaps he still wanted to make amends?

"Yes?" Hope rang out with her voice as she turned around to face him. Logan was smiling from ear to ear; maybe she was the reason he radiated happiness? She sure hoped so, but little did she know that his heart had been stolen by someone else already.

"You forgot to take your garbage with you—" He held out the empty juice pack out to her, oblivious of how close the poor girl was to breaking down. She sighed softly before turning around and wistfully walking away to find Anne, so that she could cry her heart out. Logan winced a little bit at her reaction. He swiftly threw the carton into a nearby trash can with utmost precision. Then, he ran after (Y/n), his steps hurried and wide. He caught her wrist, effectively stopping her.