XXXIII

"So, how have you been, dear?" Logan asked (Y/n) lovingly. They were seated on a bench, the wind howling around them. The girl smiled and leant her head against his shoulder. She pulled her (F/c) scarf closer to her. "We haven't really been able to talk a lot. I missed you."

"Aw, I missed you too, Logan," (Y/n) mumbled as she straightened her back to peck his cheek quickly. He chuckled, wrapping his arm around her comfortingly. "Ms. Taylor really was angry today, huh?"

"Yes, but at least didn't get any additional homework—" He grinned at his girlfriend. They laughed, enjoying each other's presence. (Y/n) could feel another presence from afar, yet she didn't bring it up. Logan shot her a concerned look, rubbing her arm gently.

"Are you alright? You seem a little on edge," he remarked, his eyes gazing around the area. He was worried about her; he just loved her so much. At his inquiry, (Y/n) nodded hesitantly and rose from the bench. Struggling, she tried to pull him to his feet, too. He shot her a questioning look, but didn't comment on it.

"Let's go somewhere else." He let himself be pulled into a quick yet passionate kiss, before (Y/n) lead him out of the park — hand in hand. After they had left the area, (Y/n)'s shoulders sagged a little bit. The pair of eyes staring holes into the back of her head was gone, much to her relief.

"I love you, (Y/n)."

"I love you too, Logan."

"What the hell..." It came out of the bushes. A figure emerged from the greenery, sitting down on the same bench the two had just sat on. "Logan and me? What a weird world I've landed in..." You cringed a little bit at your words, a soft blush dusting your cheeks.

"Where in the world am I..." you asked yourself.

He loves me. He doesn't love me. He—

"I can't believe the whole city thinks we're villains..." Mary groaned as she rubbed the bridge of her nose. The costume on her body felt like a bother more than ever. Logan nodded whilst pacing up and down the shady alley they were currently in. "What did Syren do to make them think that... I swear she's just plain evil..."

"Hmm... I think it's not her fault." Logan looked up from the ground, his eyes turning to Mary. His mind was buzzing with so many questions, like how they were supposed to save (Y/n) now. Every time her face flashed in front of his face, he felt his heart skip a beat. He took a deep breath, in hopes of being able to suppress the crazed grin that threatened to surface. Still, his lips twitched slightly. "She's not here... so where could she be?"

"Maybe Syren knows more?" Mary suggested with a large scowl on her face. She leant against a wall, supporting her face with her hand. For the first time in a while, she felt utterly hopeless. Trapped in a world that was entirely against them wasn't the best starting condition. "We should find her quickly... who knows what she plans next."

"Well, (Y/n) isn't here, she also wasn't in the past with us... so where could she be?" Logan asked out loud, pondering while Mary watched her nails in boredom.

"Wherever she is, we need to do something, now—" Mary shifted her weight and approached Logan. He paid her no mind as endless possibilities of what had happened clouded his mind.

The sky darkened into a deep hue of grey. Mary huffed as she immediately stopped in her tracks to take shelter under the roof of a nearby store. Lazily staring into the store windows, thoughts roamed her mind.