LIII

"Logan?" you stuttered out, the pitch of your voice unnaturally high. His outstretched hand occupied a large majority of your vision, causing you to slightly lean to the side in confusion. You couldn't help but wonder: Which one was he? Suspicious, you narrowed your eyes at him. On the outside, he seemed perfectly normal, but who knows what lurked behind those pretty green eyes of his. "Why are you here?"

"Like I said, I missed you," Myth drawled once you hesitantly grasped his hand, causing a jolt of pleasure to go up his arm. Neither of you knew who was who, but you still acted like you had assumptions. For a little moment, you noticed how his grin was too large and his grip on your smaller hand was too tight; he had just unintentionally revealed himself to you. "You took quite a long time with Mary. What even were you two doing in the library?"

Gulping nervously, you tried your best not to accidentally unveil yourself, too. "You know Mary... always looking for opportunities to bully me," you whispered, trying to ignore how his hand was still tightly holding onto yours. "But... how about we go back to the courtyard?"

Myth had enough. "(Y/n)," he hissed impatiently and pulled you closer to him. You tumbled against his chest; he quickly used the momentum to wrap his other arm tightly around your waist. In that moment, you feared more than ever that he knew what was going on. "Stop with the games."

"W-Which games?" you stuttered out with dusted cheeks, trying your best to feign innocence and naivety. Acting as the other (Y/n) and hopefully actually convincing him that you weren't the girl he was looking for, was your last hope of somehow escaping him. "What are you talking about?"

Lips pursed into a thin line, his face came scarily close to yours. You winced back in surprise and started to squirm in his grip. Green eyes took in every crevice of your face, analysing any little detail they could find. You tried to keep calm since you knew that one little crack in your façade wouldn't go unnoticed by the mad male.

"(Y/n), why are you trying to fool me?" Myth muttered under his breath, his intense stare finally breaking away from your face. A little breath escaped your lips as your tense muscles relaxed slightly once his gaze ran past you. Carefully, you tried to pry yourself away from him; yet his grip only tightened at your attempts. "You've always been a better actress than me, Ms. Eve."

"Logan? Y-You're scaring me," you choked out as he buried his nose in the crook of your neck, his hot breath fanning against your skin that was already littered with goosebumps. Your whimpers only evoked an amused chuckle from his trembling lips. He felt much better already, the thick fog in his mind slowly clearing once he took in your familiar and comforting scent. Cheeks growing red, you squirmed uncomfortably in his arms; his touch caused your skin to burn and even though the searing feeling was minor, it was still there.

"I'm scaring you?" Myth whispered as he pulled away, insane green eyes staring into yours. Now, you were completely sure which one of the two he was; he wasn't even trying to hide that fact any longer. His left eye twitched slightly when his face inched closer to yours. "You're scaring me with your amazing acting, (Y/n)... or are you really the other one?"

"The other one? I'm the only (Y/n)." Why was this even working, you wondered. Inwardly, you started to cheer as his normally clear eyes were clouded with doubt. Pursing his lips, orbs darted around unsurely, much to your advantage. Deciding it was time to up your game, you leant up to press a soft kiss onto his cheek. Sweetly, you whispered, "How about we go back to the courtyard? You wanted to tell me something before Mary dragged me away, right?"

"I- I—" Myth was a stumbling mess, an idiotic smile gracing his lips. Now, he was completely not able to think anymore. Still, he managed to voice his rather disappointed thoughts, "So you really are not her..."