XV

"I don't have time for that nonsense..." You sighed and set a foot into the busy hallway of the hospital. "At least not until these problems have settled again."

"But (Y/n)," Uncle Henry cried as his hand reached out for you, begging you to hear what he had to say, "you need to listen! The necklace—"

"For years, I've listened, Uncle," you seethed through your teeth, letting the swirling emotions inside your heart overcome your better judgement, "and for years you refused to tell me! Why should I listen now?!"

Silence ensued as his raised hand sank to the soft sheets of the bed, disappointment clearly evident in his blue eyes. Whether the disappointment was directed at you or himself wasn't clear to anyone in the room. Tears threatened to run down your cheeks, making you rub your eyes with your sleeves.

His words were clear and yet, they sounded so distorted. "I'm sorry that I disappointed you as your uncle, (Y/n)."

The tension was too much for you to bear. Your legs gained will again, making them move your body down the hallway to the entrance where the sleek car was still waiting. Ripping the car door open, you sighed to yourself in pity.

Uncle Henry looked at the door frame where his niece had been standing mere seconds ago. He pursed his lips, his heart aching in pain as his eyes drifted to his limp arm. In his pale hand laid the familiar hourglass shape of the necklace, the cold glass causing a weird sensation against his sweaty skin.

"You didn't want to listen, (Y/n)," he whispered to himself as he eyed the piece of jewellery you had inherited from your mother. It was one out of the two things that remained of Mora — his sister and your long gone mother. "You're just like your mother..." A fond smile appeared on his lips, memories of a better time playing in his head.

"Should I notify Mr. Roberts?" Ms. Adler asked as she stepped into his room, closing the door behind her that you had left wide open. Confused for a moment, Uncle Henry raised his gaze to meet his familiar assistant's eyes; that was until his eyes lit up in recognition.

"Ah, you mean Logan? That boy?" Uncle Henry mumbled quietly as he remembered that friend of yours: The boy you had been friends with since an eternity. "Why would you want to do that?"

Ms. Adler sighed and sat down on the chair next to his white bed. Chuckling for a moment, she seemed amused by her boss' sudden lack of thinking. "Well, you didn't give him your powers for nothing, did you?"

"Ah yes." Uncle Henry smiled a little bit as his eyes lit up. "Now I remember. He's doing his job very well and he's a better hero than I ever was. I knew he was the one to deserve the name 'Myth'..."

"Don't say that, Myth," Ms. Adler muttered with a comforting look in her bright green eyes.

"I'm not Myth anymore, Irene." His eyebrows were furrowed in disappointment. "I wasn't able to save Mora... and even Tempo... and now, I'm scared that (Y/n) is blindly running into the same fate like her mother."

"It's not your fault..."

"Syren will succeed if—" Uncle Henry gulped as he looked up at the ceiling. "If she somehow manages to capture (Y/n) and change the past... I don't want to know what will happen to our present or future. Everything we know will be destroyed..."

"That's why I'll notify Mr. Logan Roberts of this," Irene announced with a comforting smile, standing up as she hurriedly exited the room. "I'll make sure he keeps a close eye on your niece, boss. Don't worry, she's safe with him."

Yet, Irene didn't realise how dangerous her words really were.

At a certain point, the story will branch out. You'll be locked out of certain events and endings. Choose wisely!