LXII

The last days hadn't been kind to (Y/n). All day long, she had been nestled inside of her soft blanket on her bed, watching as the faded sun rose and fell with every cycle it underwent. Her normally pretty (E/c) eyes were sunken, creating a hollow illusion on her pale face. The shining moon only further illuminated her sickly appearance.

She was sick — and horribly so.

Her body was shaking, threatening to just collapse into itself as she could do nothing but endure the striking pain. A little cough escaping her lips, her dull eyes continued to stare at the blank ceiling. With the sickness distracting her fully, she didn't notice the ongoing fights spread out all over the city.

Why did you do that to me?

"Are you sure this is the right decision?" you asked with a shaky voice while following Myth through the darkness of the night. The hero's steps didn't slow down; instead, his pace only quickened. You pursed your lips when he simply ignored your meek comment. A few hours ago, you had been so sure that saving (Y/n) — no matter the cost — was the top priority aside from stopping Syren. But now, after having left those helpless people to possibly die, you couldn't help but feel unrelenting guilt nagging away at your heart.

"It's too late to change our decision now," Myth whispered in a hushed tone, his lungs rising and falling in an uneven rhythm. You could still hear their voices, begging and screaming for you two to save them. You nodded, desperately trying to believe his words and fight your struggle.

"Why did Logan have to turn into a villain now? Such bad timing..." you whispered to yourself in a dry tone. Right on cue, the villain popped up on one of the many large display panels covering the walls of the tall skyscrapers. The flickering colours caught your attention once his slightly distorted voice entered your ears. As if in a trance, your feet stopped working while your shocked eyes were trained on the panel.

"Are you sure you wanna leave those innocent people to die?" Logan drawled under his breath as the camera swerved over to the hostages he was currently keeping. They were sitting on the ground, arms covering their heads in utter fear and horror. You gulped slightly when you felt tears prodding in the corners of your eyes. Myth tugged at your hand in an attempt to pull you out of your trance.

"Come on, (Y/n)," Myth begged in a desperate tone. "You know fully well this is just a distraction! We need to save (Y/n)... so that she can help us defeat Syren!"

"Is... is my single life worth more than a dozen?" you cried out in guilt, trying to yank your hand out of his grip. Myth's eyes narrowed, hoping you'd see reason. He had lost (Y/n) once and he'd not lose her again.

"(Y/n) could prove to be a useful ally in our fight against Syren," Myth explained, his green eyes softening once tears started to leak from your eyes. The crowds of people trying to flee from the scene disappeared for a moment as he deeply gazed into your unsure hues. "You have to set your priorities... and I set them wrongly last time."

"Hero, are you not going to come and defeat the villain?" Logan mocked once again, his angered eyes flickering on the display panel as his clear and loud voice rang through the wide streets of Halo City. You nodded at Myth's words, realising that he was right.

"And besides, if we save (Y/n) now, I'm sure we could save a lot more lives than without her help," Myth added before gently tugging at your hand to see if you were willing to continue your way. You hummed quietly, this time setting yourself in motion and pulling him forward. A little yelp escaped his lips as you dragged him onward with newfound determination and courage. Your goal: (Y/n)'s apartment.