LII

"Detention?" you inquired, eyes narrowed in suspicion. "He never mentioned any punishment, Mary."

Purple eyes bore into (E/c) eyes, almost as if Mary and you were having a stare-off. Logan, caught in the wildfire, winced as he could do nothing but endure the tense silence that haunted the whole courtyard since Mary's arrival. Still, he was glad that the popular girl had come to interrupt him before he could say anything stupid.

"Just shut up and come with me," Mary hissed, roughly yanking you up by your right arm. A little gasp escaped your lips at her sudden escapade. Never had she been this handsy; a large majority of her bullying was verbal. You were terribly confused once you noticed how she was struggling to stand, her legs shaking like pudding. Something wasn't right; perhaps it was for the better if you complied to her wishes.

"I'll be right back, Logan—" you managed to speak before Mary dragged you away from him, back into the large school building. Logan — who had barely registered your words due to remorse and anxiety eating away at his mind — nodded as he watched after your slowly disappearing form. Crossing his arms, he leant his slumped back against the backrest of the bench and mindlessly stared up at the cloudy sky.

Somehow, he knew he should explain at least parts of the truth to you; whether you were the (Y/n) from his or Myth's playthrough, you both deserved to know the truth. And if Myth was right and he had indeed hurt your feelings without a care, he should at least apologise for everything he had done.

It was time to prepare a detailed and well thought out explanation for you, even though he knew he'd stumble on his words once he'd look into your wounded (E/c) eyes again.

Lost in thoughts all alone, Logan didn't notice how attentive green eyes were watching him from a distance. Myth was perched on a nearby building that was higher than the school, giving him a perfect view on the courtyard. Excitedly, Myth was arguing with himself whether that familiar (H/c)-haired girl was you — (Y/n) from his playthrough — or the other (Y/n).

If it was indeed his (Y/n) — you, then he desperately needed to talk to you. Without your gentle words and affectionate touches, he felt himself going crazy. Just a few seconds with you would suffice — just something... anything. He was suffering from withdrawal and its side-effects; your love was just too addicting.

How come he literally couldn't decide which (Y/n) you were? He had been so confident in his own abilities, but now doubt started to cloud his confidence. He'd just have to confront you and find out — while you were alone, of course.

Where would Mary take you to, he wondered as he paced back and forth. While you were inside the building, he wouldn't be able to track you or watch you. He felt his heart clenching in fear again; he had just found you and wouldn't let go so easily this time. Quickly, he started to change out of his costume.

With a love-sick grin, he cooed, "Your hero is coming, (Y/n)."

Memories... their presence and absence pain me equally.

"Mary, you know that this isn't the way to the teachers' room," you muttered under your breath as she continued dragging you through the empty hallway. Her hand that was tightly wrapped around your wrist was warm and surprisingly, she still hadn't let go yet. You knew that she severely disliked whenever you touched her and vice versa, so this situation struck you as very weird.

"Lost your sense of direction?" she asked quizzically and stuck her tongue out playfully at you. A little giggle escaped your lips, the sound of it causing a genuine smile to grow on her face. Quickly, it disappeared before you could catch a glimpse of it. Mary's eyes darted around the hallway nervously, her legs carrying her to your destination.