LIX

"(Y/n), keep—" Myth continued to seethe through his teeth, even though Logan's claws were just an inch away from killing him, "—the hourglass."

"You're manipulative." Logan chuckled as he playfully shook his head at his future self. His grip on the struggling male didn't waver, only tightening as he continued, "You have always been..."

"Logan!" you choked out, tears streaming down your cheeks. Your heart ached as you helplessly watched the closest to you suffering so horribly. No, you weren't helpless — not anymore. The villain watched with a pleased grin as you surrendered, shakily laying the Vasum onto the ground in front of you. "Fine, you've won, villain..." Angry, you stepped back. Anxiously, you waited for Logan to let go of Myth and just take what he so desperately wanted, so that he'd finally usher along.

"Good choice," Logan hummed as he set an almost unconscious Myth down onto the cold ground. Before you could comprehend what had happened, the villain had already picked up the object you all wanted — the one you had willingly surrendered to him. He approached you with wide strides, making you squint your eyes close in fear. Yet, all you felt was a soft pat on the head.

"What?" Opening your eyes again in curiosity, the boy in front of you had already vanished into thin air. The last thing you saw were the tips of his wings as he disappeared through the backdoor. Once you snapped out of your stupor, your unnerved (E/c) eyes drifted over to the boy lying on the ground. You immediately stormed over to him in worry. All fear of him was gone, now instead replaced by worry.

"Logan—" Cries escaped your lips. You knelt down next to his limp body and lifted his head into your lap. He groaned softly as you ran your hand through his black locks. The few droplets of blood dripping down his neck stained his suit, but luckily weren't critically dangerous otherwise. You teared up when his green eyes fluttered open to gaze into your own. Your hand travelled down to gently caress his cheek. "I'm so glad you're alright..."

"(Y/n), why did you give him the Vasum?" he whispered with a hoarse voice, his hand reaching out to rest upon your own. You laughed softly and wiped your salty tears away with your other hand. As your heavenly laughter reached his ears, he couldn't help but smile. "Why wouldn't you—"

"I couldn't just let you die," you mumbled; your voice broke slightly in the middle of the sentence. "No object — no matter how powerful it is — stands above someone else's life, Logan."

"I don't deserve to be saved, (Y/n). I thought you were scared of me." He closed his tired eyes again, his exhausted and pained limbs slowly relaxing under your touch. You hummed softly, ears not taking in the sound of the door slowly giving away under the security guards' forces; right now, it was only you and him. "You just saw second-hand what a monster I used to be..."

'You know, it hurts to find out you're not important enough to be saved,' your conscience whispered over and over again, repeating the incredibly saddened words you had thrown at Logan's face. Ironically, you had given the key to victory away to save the boy whose fault all of this was to begin with.

With a melancholic smile, you whispered, "You deserve to be saved, Logan."

"I'm sorry... for everything..." Myth choked out as he too started to cry. His sobs mixed with the heavy banging against the by now weakened door. "I shouldn't have obsessed over you like that... funnily, the thought of losing you caused me to almost make the same mistakes all over again..."

"It's alright, Logan," you hummed comfortingly. "I'm at fault, too. I shouldn't have given up on us just because of my insecurities; that was incredibly selfish of me."

"Honestly, the thought of you being scared of me made me want to cry," he laughed dryly. Mustering up strength, his pained eyes opened to look back up at you. "I'm sorry..."