Newt AU- Void pt. 2

The sky was turning into a lighter cobalt blue, yet the sun wasn't up still. A peculiar spirit was already sticking out of the black fox figurine that was shattered into big chunks by Y/N, who was sleeping peacefully.

That is, until this spirit lingered itself towards her body, engulfing her to the point where it dominated and possessed her soul. Just like that, Y/N woke up with no control of her own body. Instead, something else was piloting her.

The void. A dark, vile atman that has been waiting for someone to break them out to let them get what they've been craving for from a person: Chaos, strife, and pain. One won't have to worry that the void would get to them if it's trapped in an inanimate object unless they decide to break it and let the evil spirit go around and do its job.

Unfortunately for Y/N, she freed the void.

Once she was up and out of her hammock, she looked at her reflection on the mirror attached onto her wall. Her complexion was duller than before and red circles were scattered under her eyes. A smirk was formed as she looked at her reflection with mischief.

Void Y/N cracked her neck side by side as if it had been so long since she moved before she headed to the weapon room. It was time for the void to get ready for the first thing on the bucket list.

As soon as she reached the very room, she grabbed a pair of arnis sticks that have been freshly sharpened and polished by Y/N just before the void made an encounter with her. Her voided self was amused at her work. She knew for sure that she wasn't going to regret taking over Y/N rather than the other gladers.

Without a word, the void version of the girl trudged her way towards the maze doors. Seeing as the doors were not going to be wide open until the very dawn, she entered the maze through the ivy that grew against the walls.

The whirring and the growling of the grievers can be heard when she landed safely on her feet after she climbed down to the other side. As she turned around to the corridor in front of her, the beast of the maze was seen in the other end of the hall.

This particular one had Y/N sensing that there was something on it that she needed to get rid of.

The griever let out a shrill as it hurried over to Y/N with its stinger at the ready. Although Y/N wasn't so frightened by it. In fact, she already had throw  one of her arnis sticks through its throat with so much strength that the stick got out of the creature's body, letting it go limp and fall down to the ground. Without feeling any fear nor remorse, Y/N smirked to herself and stared at the dead griever proudly before slowly pacing over towards her arnis stick and picked it up without caring about the slime that coated her weapon. 

Afterwards, she faced the dead griever behind her, more specifically, its tail. Aside from the stinger, there were nine black blades spiked onto it that caught her attention. She had to hide it before anyone could get their hands on it. Thus, she plucked them out, one by one, and put it in a rucksack. As she did so, the griever began to dry out and turn into dust.

While doing so, she caught herself watching a beetle blade crawl out of the wall beside her. Its glowing red eyes came in contact with her dull ones. Void Y/N tilted her head slowly as if she was fascinated by the small robotic critter. That is, until she crushed it with the butt of her weapon.

The bug's glowing red eyes went glitch dead as soon as it hit the floor. She began to notice that sky was getting lighter by the second. She has to get back to the Glad before someone catches her.

"Y/N?" But just with her luck, the leader of the runners, Minho, found her. "What are you doing? You're not supposed to be here." He touted.

The void had to act fast. "I was just.. wandering around." She said with a nonchalant smile as she walked back to the opened doors with Minho watching her every step. "Have fun mapping, shank." She patted his shoulder once she walked passed him.

Minho was left appalled in the middle of the maze's corridor. She never calls anyone shank. Well, except for Gally since he calls her that, too. Not to mention, she looked more dull and paler than usual. Also, her attitude for the day did not give him a good feeling.

Everything about her was awfully different.

****

The Void had unwillingly left Y/N's body as soon as she was back in her hammock, stirring and murmuring for something to stay away from her as if she was having a nightmare. With this, its chosen host was still in control. The Void couldn't entirely have the ability to possess her as she could still sense everything. Her body was asleep, yes, but her mind wasn't.

"You know," The Void began, "it wouldn't hurt to let yourself loose in your sleep." They lured as they take a peek into Y/N's mind.

~

Y/N opened her eyes to find herself in a room with a wall full of mirrors. She looked around for the owner of the voice, unsettled. "I... I don't know how." She responded to the Void quietly.

Suddenly, a puff of black smoke appeared behind her reflection. However, when she turned around, there was nothing there. "Then let me help you do so." She could feel them gripping her shoulders as they growled lowly into her ear. "No charge." They urged, "Consider it as a.. gift from a friend."

"Yeah, well have you considered leaving me alone as a gift, friend?"  Y/N remarked. Her pulse was beating too fast as if she had drank caffeine.

The void hummed as it slowly walked around her. Like a predator around its prey. It frightened Y/N more when she felt cold. "Oh, Y/N.." The void chuckled. "You and I both know that's never gonna happen."

~

"Y/N!" The girl jumped awake once she heard Newt call her name. She had realized it was only just a dream. "Are you all right?" Newt asked as he cupped her cheeks. Worry was clawing its way into Newt when he saw not only beads of sweat running down his girlfriend's face, but also tears while she was asleep.

She couldn't help but avoid Newt's concerned gaze and pull away from his touch. Y/N couldn't seem to bring herself to tell what was wrong. "Y-Yeah.. I'm.. I'm fine." She stammered out, following with a nervous chuckle. "Just a bad dream, that's all."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" The blonde questioned.

Yes. She answered internally. However, she felt as if something with in her way of explaining everything to Newt. "No, no, it's fine. I'm fine. Everybody's fine!" Y/N rambled as she took his hands in hers to drag him out with her. "Now, let's just go eat breakfast."

Newt knew there was something off about her today. With him knowing Y/N for two whole years, he could tell when she lies. Whenever she does, she would always use the same word in different sentences in one breath.

At this point, he was filled with unsettlement. Usually, he would know what the truth behind what Y/N was lying about. Not this time, though. He hoped this bad feeling he was having today would fade away like smoke in the end.

Though, the following days say otherwise.

<><×><>

I know, I know. I should've made this longer, but I seriously have not been feeling myself lately and I already feel bad for updating later than usual.

I can't promise that I'll be posting part 3 early, but I'll try and finish it as soon as I can. I hope you all understand.

Anyway, I still hope you all have a good one!🖤

-BloodyinspiredTri✨