→ Newt- Friendship Ruined ←

Listen, I know James Dashner had already announced that Newt's gay, but that's not gonna stop meh from making imagines about him.

So yeah, y'all probably know how this imagine will go and which song I based this off. Though, I still hope you enjoy it!✨

><>• ※ •<><

Your POV

I have to stop having feelings for my best friend, Newt.

I know, I should be embracing it and maybe even have the courage to tell him. But I shouldn't.

Not when he'd came out to me two months ago that he in to boys.

Yes, I was very happy and proud of him that he had the guts to come out of the closet to me. But I was mostly heartbroken and embarrassed, because my stupid klunked up self decided to expect him to return the feelings I have for him.

Oh, I can still remember it too vividly for my liking.

~

He walked up to me while I helped the sloppers clean out the dining tables since Jeff gave me a day off. His touch suddenly lingered up to my upper arm, catching my full attention. "Hey, N/N. Can I talk to you? In private." Newt requested.

He looked so nervous and hesitant. And he kept on picking on a hangnail on his other thumb. His concerned brown eyes buried deep into mine. I could get lost in it.

I heard Frypan chuckling softly from behind. When I glanced at him, he only winked at me. As if he was telling me that he knew this day would come.

Was he right about it, that Newt's gonna confess to me that he likes me too?

I mean, he flirts with me most of the time. It could be possible.

But I couldn't be too sure.

I can only put up an awkward smile after realizing Newt was still waiting for my answer. "S-Sure. Let me just wash this." I said, referring to the piece of cloth I was holding. "Is that all right?"

Newt only nodded. It looked like he was dazed, but of what?

Suddenly, he blinked out of his trance. "Just meet me in the homestead. Okay?"

My hands were getting cold and sweaty from how nervous I am. I was never one to keep my cool down whenever people lead me with that.

I saw him getting anxious as soon as I got to the homestead. His hands were on his hips and his back was facing me. He was muttering something to himself, but I couldn't pick up what he was saying.

I tapped on his shoulder, which made him jump and tense up. "Y/N." Newt exhaled out of relief after he realized it was only me. It looked like he didn't know where he'll put his hands from how fidgety he was getting. "What's up?" He stammered out.

I furrowed my brows and pretended to look up. "The ceiling." I answered sarcastically as I chuckled.

Newt only rolled his eyes with a grin playing on his lips. "All right, what is it that you wanted to tell me?" I asked him.