→ Donald Clarke- Sunglassses in a Cloudy Weather ←

Your POV

I was up in front of the class, doing the presentation me and my partner were forced into. I was waiting for my turn to speaking while I recall the notes that I did for this report. I would've brought them with me and just read it aloud after reading the brief information. Unfortunately, the speakers aren't allowed to have scripts.

Now, I have to suffer trying to remember even the littlest bits and pieces from my notes. "Our next topic is to be presented by miss L/N." I didn't realize I was zoning out until I was subtly nudged as a cue for me to speak.

I blinked vigorously out of habit and looked at our presentation. "Right, er..." The drop of uneasiness in my voice was so obvious that I can feel the boredom of our classmates in front of us. "S-So, here, we have the next political ideology, Liberalism." I started as I tried to calm my anxiety attack down before I forget everything I've memorized and learned from my notes.

"Ehm.. it's pretty obvious, from the word itself." I said to them, internally calming myself down, "This ideology focuses on individualism wherein they believe that every person should have equal rights and entitlement." I can't help but look up with only my eyes. I can't remember everything about this topic.

I'm not even halfway through.

"However, they..." What was it again? "Since! I meant since. Uhm, however, since it evolves more around having freedom, it is a must for citizens to have tolerance."

There was nothing but silence after along pause. I've never felt so awkward in my entire life.

Especially when this boy, Donald Clarke, kept glancing up at me with a frown on his face. Instead of gawking over the silence, I tried to continue my report. "So, when that--"

"And how will you relate this to your daily life?" But it was only then, that my teacher, Mrs. Suzy Wolowitz, asked her question. I swear, these teachers just find questions I can never find the answers to.

Impromptu questions were my weaknesses. My mind goes blank whenever I try to think of an answer for these questions. "Er.. well..." And from thinking so hard, I can't help but look up with only my eyes once again.

Pure shame was the only thing I could think of. "I'm sorry, ma'am, I cannot think of an answer for that at the moment." I replied, looking down on the floor with my hands hidden behind me as I pick of my nails the same time I chew the skin off the inside of my cheek.

It's funny how people build up this confidence for a long period of time. Then, this slight little mishap just ruins it with a snap. "Well, it's understandable." Mrs. Wolowitz said, before she stood up from her seat. To take over for a short moment.

"Can any of youse answer the same question?" She urged my fellow classmates. When it was silent, she answered her own question as an example. "I'll put out an example," She cleared out her throat after a pause, "say I am here, watching and waiting for the presenter to answer my question as I have a right to do so. Instead, I received an eye roll out of them."

I was dumbfounded when she suddenly darted her eyes at me. "I beg your par--"

Mrs. Wolowitz only interrupted me when I asked for an explanation as to why she was looking at me as if I was at fault. "Even though, I see that as as a disrespectful, I have no choice but to tolerate it." She finished her example that felt more like some pointless criticism.

"Now that I've made my example, do I have any volunteers?"

My anger got the best of me once I cleared my throat. "So, is it considered as an example when I say:" I began with a sarcastic smile, "I have the right to look up as a way of thinking and just bear with the teacher who is lazy enough to have her students teach the lesson instead of her while she rebukes the behaviour of her student?"